Off-GRID ENGINEERING Dual Battery Systems (An Introduction)

BOPOH

Explorer
Oh. I totally understand what he was saying. And I agree. If the battery came loose and touched the tie-down, it would short. But the same holds true for every other battery tray on the market, including the factory one. The point is, keep your tie-down tight. In light of this concern however, I will be brainstorming an option for greater insurance. It may be as simple as some tubing around the tie-down or maybe just some locking nuts on the tie-down.

No bashing your design, but I think most people are talking about wrench dropping or slipping and being so close to the bracket can cause issues - just pure accident. I've had that happen to me on my BMW - wrench slipped out of my hand got welded to bracket. I think easier solution without sacrifice of design is some kind of powder coating or non-conductive paint if that's possible.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
No bashing your design, but I think most people are talking about wrench dropping or slipping and being so close to the bracket can cause issues - just pure accident. I've had that happen to me on my BMW - wrench slipped out of my hand got welded to bracket. I think easier solution without sacrifice of design is some kind of powder coating or non-conductive paint if that's possible.

No worries. I did not feel bashed upon. Taking these trays in and out about 1000 times during R&D, Ive done the same thing. Of course, Ive done it on the stock tray too.

In my design, the positive terminal can be as close to or as far away from the tie-down as you choose by simply sliding it and securing the tie-down. With that being said, every OGE tray that goes out the door has a brushed and clear-coated tie-down. So there is a coating on it. I will also be offering powdercoat in the near future! In the mean time... check out this custom painted tie-down for a local guy...

IMG_1874_zpsap6nigp4.jpg

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Looks good. Without having looked much I would try to make sure it fits trucks with superchargers, snorkels, air injection pumps etc. Looks like 2 gauge wiring which has been just great on my second gen with blue sea ACR.

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
I have a really good powder coater in Denver that I use for my products. Very reasonably priced, good dude, and quality job. Lemme know if you're interested.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Looks good. Without having looked much I would try to make sure it fits trucks with superchargers, snorkels, air injection pumps etc. Looks like 2 gauge wiring which has been just great on my second gen with blue sea ACR.

Thanks!

So far... this design seems to fit in any truck with ATRAC...regardless of S/C or any other factory option/ dealer add-on. I cannot guarantee fitment with other aftermarket add-ons as it would be impossible for me to test all of them. For the most part, if you have room behind the air pump where the three stud mount is located... this will fit.

The 2 awg cable seems to be working well for 99% of applications. I offer an upgrade to 1/0 gauge cable if people truly think they will be pulling more than 300 amps through the relay on a continuous basis... most people will not.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
I have a really good powder coater in Denver that I use for my products. Very reasonably priced, good dude, and quality job. Lemme know if you're interested.

I am most definitely interested. I have a powdercoater here up north but he is very slow. Interested in sharing your source? PM is ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL