Off-GRID ENGINEERING Dual Battery Systems (An Introduction)

tonkaman

Adventurer
I finished this up today
aa890642a50db725c6cb6a51aa03a79e.jpg
be4731cc4d1572171e7ed32358028cad.jpg

These tests are absolutely beautiful! Big thanks to Matthew for his stellar customer service as well. Next time I need anything electrical I'll be sure to give him a call first.

Darkrider

Adventurer
Just a question, how much are the trays themselves? I am seriously considering the idea of seeing if i can make one work on an old rat rod project truck of mine to relocate the battery under the hood.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Just a question, how much are the trays themselves? I am seriously considering the idea of seeing if i can make one work on an old rat rod project truck of mine to relocate the battery under the hood.

149.00 for just the tray

I have about 5 trays left until I need to make a second production run... then the price will increase to 159.00

That would be very cool! I could work with you on customizing one before it left my place too. Let me know!

ripperj

Explorer
I eventually need a dual battery wiring harness/ relay for my Ram 2500 with truck camper. (connect (2) 6v in series in truck bed camper thru large Anderson connector to truck via Blue Sea relay. It's a crew cab, so a pretty long run, how big of wire do you carry? Are the crimps done hydraulically?
Is this something you could provide?
Thanks
Keith

Sent from my Passport

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
I eventually need a dual battery wiring harness/ relay for my Ram 2500 with truck camper. (connect (2) 6v in series in truck bed camper thru large Anderson connector to truck via Blue Sea relay. It's a crew cab, so a pretty long run, how big of wire do you carry? Are the crimps done hydraulically?
Is this something you could provide?
Thanks
Keith

Sent from my Passport

That sounds like a great setup. I can definitely build you a kit for that. You tell me how long the run is, and what gauge cable you would like, and I can make it happen. I think 1/0 gauge would be the smallest you'd want to run, but I'd have to know the length of the cable first.

To answer your questions... I stock every gauge down to 1/0 and I order larger cable as needed. All my crimps are done hydraulically and are super solid. I can provide everything you described in your system, including the Anderson connector and Blue Sea relay.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Here is a cross section of my hydraulically crimped lugs. As you can see, the copper strands become one with the lug under the pressure. No need for solder here!

887021fb-5f90-4a97-a6ae-addf6cef9261_zpslrurwuem.jpg

Darkrider

Adventurer
149.00 for just the tray

I have about 5 trays left until I need to make a second production run... then the price will increase to 159.00

That would be very cool! I could work with you on customizing one before it left my place too. Let me know!

Will def make sure to do so! I will prob need to wait till you do your second run as the truck itself is parked in a spot where it is surrounded by large snow banks still...Well that and needing to save up for a wedding does not help the toy budget :sombrero:

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Will def make sure to do so! I will prob need to wait till you do your second run as the truck itself is parked in a spot where it is surrounded by large snow banks still...Well that and needing to save up for a wedding does not help the toy budget :sombrero:

ha! Very good. Let me know and congrats on the wedding!

ripperj

Explorer
Cool thanks, I'll contact you when I figure it out. Yup hydraulic is the way to go, better than solder, no overheating concerns.

tonkaman

Adventurer
Is like to send a bit more praise to Off-Grid Engineering. Yesterday I had an envelope in the mail sent from them. Inside was a letter saying that there were some concerns about the knob type fasteners not being robust enough so they sent out new hardware. I received new washers and nylon locking nuts for both trays.

This is excellent customer service!! It cost him a couple bucks just in postage to send me a dollars worth of hardware. Some companies would have just emailed a letter and credited me a dollar to buy it myself, but these guys took the hit and did it right.

Huge thumbs up!!

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Is like to send a bit more praise to Off-Grid Engineering. Yesterday I had an envelope in the mail sent from them. Inside was a letter saying that there were some concerns about the knob type fasteners not being robust enough so they sent out new hardware. I received new washers and nylon locking nuts for both trays.

This is excellent customer service!! It cost him a couple bucks just in postage to send me a dollars worth of hardware. Some companies would have just emailed a letter and credited me a dollar to buy it myself, but these guys took the hit and did it right.

Huge thumbs up!!

Well thank you very much! Im glad you're a happy customer. I want everyone to be as stoked about my products and this company as I am.

Darkrider

Adventurer
ha! Very good. Let me know and congrats on the wedding!

Will do and thanks! It helps that she is into vehicles and what not but...yea i would def be pushing my luck by using money intended for the wedding to get parts! But after some thought i have a pretty good idea as to how i could make your trays work in the rat. Im thinking i may end up cutting some of the inner fender to create a ledge for it to sit on and bolt to along with bolting it to the firewall at the same time. Just need to get a good look at the truck once again to see if i can do what i have in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL