Off-GRID ENGINEERING Dual Battery Systems (An Introduction)

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
The first release for the 4th Gen 4Runner will be a dual battery tray for the driver's side. The "split battery system" that mounts one battery on the passenger side will take me a bit longer. Traditionally, my full kits aim to be around 550ish with a tray, relay, and custom cut cables. Exact pricing will be determined by manufacturing cost.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
rambo_thumbs-up.jpg

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Where can we order them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I will have a fully functioning ecommerce website with all sorts of capability by mid next week. For the time being, I have been processing orders through email. I have the ability to securely take credit cards through my accounting software (quickbooks). What might you be looking for?

birdmann

Observer
The 4th Gen dual battery kit you are currently developing!

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Matt, is everything OK? We haven't heard from you in over a month!

Sorry everyone! Everything is going great here at OGE! Honestly, Ive been overwhelmed with the response over on Tacoma World. The demand for the full kits and the trays is fantastic. Fulfilling those orders and getting ready for Expo West has been consuming all of my time. If there is anything I can do for anyone over here, please drop me a PM.

PM's are the only way I get notified!

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Yes I'm still waiting on the 4th Gen kit!

I hear you, trust me. Im working as fast as I can on fulfilling current orders, preparing for Expo West, building a new website, creating new products, and designing new trays.

I was very hopeful that I would have the 4th Gen 4Runner kit and the 1st Gen Tacoma kit ready for Expo West but it doesn't look like it will happen. You have my word that they won't be much longer though.

patoz

Expedition Leader
He lives!! :wings:

I'm still exploring locations and types of battery mounting solutions for my F250, but when I get it solved I'll let you know. Like you, I've got too many burners going but nothing is getting cooked!

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
He lives!! :wings:

I'm still exploring locations and types of battery mounting solutions for my F250, but when I get it solved I'll let you know. Like you, I've got too many burners going but nothing is getting cooked!

Hahaha. I like to think Im cooking a few things around here. One of these days Ill catch up....

birdmann

Observer
No worries man, from what I hear they are worth the wait. I'm designing an all stainless tube cold air intake/snorkel. Can you give me rough dimensions and locations so I have an idea of where to put my filter box?

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
No worries man, from what I hear they are worth the wait. I'm designing an all stainless tube cold air intake/snorkel. Can you give me rough dimensions and locations so I have an idea of where to put my filter box?

My first tray design for the 4th Gen 4Runner will be both batteries in the stock location... then I'll try and engineer one for the passenger side location similar to my Tacoma tray. The dimensions are roughly 9 x 14... right where the factory battery sits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL