Offroad Teardrop - SawTooth XL

dbroadus

This is my first post and you are the reason I have joined after 4 months of just surfing and reading. I have to say that you are on hell of a craftsman. :victory: I can not wait to see it done. good luck on the job hunting

David

BostonFJ40

I am very impressed with this build! I am amazed that you have limited woodworking experience.

I am more than willing to throw a few bucks into your paypal account. I consider threads like this "non-recurring engineering". In my business, we charge for NRE. :)

What's your paypal address??

stomperxj

Explorer
This is my first post and you are the reason I have joined after 4 months of just surfing and reading. I have to say that you are on hell of a craftsman. :victory: I can not wait to see it done. good luck on the job hunting

David

I am very impressed with this build! I am amazed that you have limited woodworking experience.

I am more than willing to throw a few bucks into your paypal account. I consider threads like this "non-recurring engineering". In my business, we charge for NRE. :)

What's your paypal address??

Thanks for the compliments guys.... I really appreciate it. I actually mixed a little bondo the other day i had sitting around and filled some holes...

I'm approaching the start of my 10th month of unemployment so things are getting pretty grim around here. I really appreciate the offer Boston but I can't accept anything. It wouldn't look good to ask for help with bills from family members and then all of a sudden have money for trailer stuff...

Hopefully I'll be back on this thing by spring next year. I've got a lot of ground to make up financially right now.

Again, thanks everyone for the support, compliments and offers to help. I truly appreciate it. :beer:

indiedog

Adventurer
anna sell it?:drool:

Man, there's something wrong about asking that question. It's a bit like hitting on his bride at the reception before he gets to enjoy his wedding night! (You know what I mean.....) I for one hope that Stomper finishes this project as soon as he can and gets the ultimate enjoyment out of it for as long as he wishes.

And I have a hunch that after so much time, thought, effort and dedication, it won't be for sale.

stomperxj

Explorer
Man, there's something wrong about asking that question. It's a bit like hitting on his bride at the reception before he gets to enjoy his wedding night! (You know what I mean.....) I for one hope that Stomper finishes this project as soon as he can and gets the ultimate enjoyment out of it for as long as he wishes.

And I have a hunch that after so much time, thought, effort and dedication, it won't be for sale.

You're pretty much right Indie... too much time, sweat and blood involved to sell it without enjoying it for a long time first...

Had no idea, i just saw the pictures and made the comment, chill out!

Actually, this is the second time you have asked me if I want to sell my trailer and the answer is still no.... :wavey:

Bullseye240

Adventurer
So how about selling the plans in order to finance the trailer? I would love some plans as I'm in the planning stages of my own trailer and yours has been a major influence in my design.

stomperxj

Explorer
So how about selling the plans in order to finance the trailer? I would love some plans as I'm in the planning stages of my own trailer and yours has been a major influence in my design.

I really don't have "plans" for this thing... just some severely disorganized drawings. I could give you some general profile dimensions...

Bullseye240

Adventurer
You should develop some and sell them. Look up some of the teardrop sites and I bet you'll see that there is a market for them.

cjj98xj

I really don't have "plans" for this thing... just some severely disorganized drawings. I could give you some general profile dimensions...

You should learn to use AutoCAD (or something similar) in your spare time and then you can draw up plans and sell them. I'd imagine you could sell quite a few sets. Easiest way would be to print all the dwgs off as .pdf files and combine them. Once someone pays, you just send them the file.

bucketosudz

Explorer
I am going out on a limb here, but perhaps the builder isn't looking to have multiple copies of his trailer despite it's presence in a build thread. Somehow the Luster of an original build would be tarnished if one weren't really expecting to mass-produce something. I covet, envy, and frankly would Love :drool: to purchase his finished trailer, but I also respect the aforementioned. I will wait patiently and wish the builder all the success in finding suitable employment, so that we may all enjoy his completed trailer.

In addition, the builder has been more than willing to share his build, lets not pester him into taking it away from all of us to enjoy. Just my .02 FWIW

stomperxj

Explorer
You should learn to use AutoCAD (or something similar) in your spare time and then you can draw up plans and sell them. I'd imagine you could sell quite a few sets. Easiest way would be to print all the dwgs off as .pdf files and combine them. Once someone pays, you just send them the file.

I've been using AutoCAD for about 15 years ;) All the drawings are on the computer already, they are just very disorganized right now...

I am going out on a limb here, but perhaps the builder isn't looking to have multiple copies of his trailer despite it's presence in a build thread. Somehow the Luster of an original build would be tarnished if one weren't really expecting to mass-produce something. I covet, envy, and frankly would Love :drool: to purchase his finished trailer, but I also respect the aforementioned. I will wait patiently and wish the builder all the success in finding suitable employment, so that we may all enjoy his completed trailer.

In addition, the builder has been more than willing to share his build, lets not pester him into taking it away from all of us to enjoy. Just my .02 FWIW

Thanks bucket... "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" Thats a very true statement but I'd like to finish my trailer first before I go giving away all the plans for it.

On that note... More news on my personal side. My house is going up for short sale at the end of this month and I'm having to move back into my parents house for at least the next 6 months unless some spectacular job comes around in the next month or so. The trailer is going into storage in a couple weeks unfortunately. I'm staying positive though and am going to use this as a chance to start over, get some things paid off and have a clean slate in about a year hopefully. Dad has a shop at his place so my spring time frame of getting some progress on the trailer isnt that far fetched....

If life was easy, it would be boring... at least that's what i keep telling myself :)

Jess

:beer::beer:

cjj98xj

Thats a very true statement but I'd like to finish my trailer first before I go giving away all the plans for it.

I can understand. Just a suggestion that may help bring in some money. I know when times are tight, you gotta make sacrifices.

At any rate, good luck in getting back on your feet! :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333