OldSven's 4Runner

OldSven

Explorer
So what do you think so far?

Like the tires so far, they are super quiet, a lot less meat to move and my speedo is right on the money now. We are heading up the pass this Saturday so I will get up some snow pics when we get back and also be able to do some Hankook ATm snow testing...

OldSven

Explorer
Painted the grille up last night. Used the duplicolor black bumper trim paint and re-painted the Toyota emblem with the Graphite wheel paint I used on the rear emblem.

Now to figure out if I'm going to paint the fender flares black or not??? Any input...

Grille.jpg

CYi5

Explorer
I would paint the fenders black and get your rockers line-x'd. Or line-x both...That way from bumper to bumper would be a solid black line.

OldSven

Explorer
Sweet! I was thinking of getting A Badlands! Has it worked out well for you? Any issues?

Love it, it's my second one (the other was on the Tacoma). The other cool thing is living up here close to Badlands is you can just go pick it up. They are very strong and well built.

RusM

Adventurer
Last month or so I got them on. I can't give that truck away, I tried to sell it for a while and no serious offers.

OldSven

Explorer
So I have been pondering some factory 16" steelies and ditching the 5 star's and think that is the route I'm going to take. I weighed them on the scale (bathroom scale) and the two setup's the steel version was only about 5lbs more than the alloy's. I thought it would be a lot more but I can live with 5lbs extra, the whole combo was 78lbs with tire. This way I can sell off the 33x10.5's from the trailer and match all 7 wheels up. Now to find some people to trade me some spares...

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Dude, are you digging into my brain? First you go to 265's and now black steelies? Yesterday, I spent hours looking at pictures of trucks on them and did a search for some. They are pretty hard to find. I was thinking about going the 235/85 route with the spare wheels. Tire Rack has the BFG AT's at $114 each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven