OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
Done :coffeedrink:

The only thing I have to do is wire up a license plate light. Just got the bumper back from the powdercoater today.
DSC01697.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

Here are some other little things that were done during the build.
DSC01704.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

Picked up some Chevy 63's:rolleyes:
DSC01700.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Looking good.

OldSven said:
Done :coffeedrink:
DSC01696.jpg

Done, wishfull thinking isn't it? :Mechanic:
Great job on the bumper. Do you know what the final weight was (minus the Hi-Lift and Tire)?

Cheers :beer:,
P

OldSven

Explorer
p1michaud said:
Done, wishfull thinking isn't it? :Mechanic:
Great job on the bumper. Do you know what the final weight was (minus the Hi-Lift and Tire)?

Cheers :beer:,
P
Weight wise the bumper is around 85, and the swingout is about 45. With everything all together is comes out to around 250lbs. I should have wrote done with one project on to another:Wow1:

Willman

OldSven said:
Weight wise the bumper is around 85, and the swingout is about 45. With everything all together is comes out to around 250lbs. I should have wrote done with one project on to another:Wow1:

Boy does that pig weight a lot!....i think mine is around 260 lbs. range!

Looks great!

Like the plate in the center!

When are the new springs going in?

:D

OldSven

Explorer
Willman said:
Boy does that pig weight a lot!....i think mine is around 260 lbs. range!

Looks great!

Like the plate in the center!

When are the new springs going in?

:D
I'm going to try and start ordering parts next week. The stock shackles fit the springs but might just order some 1.5" over gresables just incase these don't lift it right. Not only do the stockers sagg real bad they are screwing with my steering while driving:smiley_drive:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Looks great! What are you doing to light up the license plate? I ended up with Off Road Only's LitePLATE...

LP-Non.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
All of my parts showed up today!!! Removed the stock springs and hardware, then got going on the Chevy's. I took the measurement for the new hanger location that most of the guys on here seem to be running, 7.75" forward from the stock hanger and got that tacked up. The only two problems I'm running into so far is that I need to remove the overload because the truck is way to high in the back now. I went the 4pk with over load and the overload thickness is almost an inch. The other is that the Bilsteins back there will work for now but the Chevy's have a good 2-3" of droop left after the shocks are fully extended. Here are some pics so far.

Parts list:
92' Chevy 1/2 Ton 4pk
Downey 1.5 shackles
Trail-Gear: Ubolt filp kit
Spring hanger
Shock mounts
Bump stops

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

Willman

Love'in it!!!!!

Can't wait to see the out come!!!!!!

:chowtime:

When are you going to be done????

OldSven

Explorer
Willman said:
Love'in it!!!!!

Can't wait to see the out come!!!!!!

:chowtime:

When are you going to be done????

Fabbing on your truck can be considered a "sick day" right:smilies27

OldSven

Explorer
I will get some pics up tomorrow, but for now they are on. Finally got the height problem fixed by removing the overload, throwing the stock shackles back on, and moving the hanger forward 1/2". With stock shackles put my tires right in the middle of the wheelwell. I'm going to have to remove the old hangers because the wraps on the Chevy's are hitting them when flexed. I'm going to get the shock tabs welded up tomorrow and just run the 8"'ers for now but will probably have to bump up to the Bilstein 5125 10".

OldSven

Explorer
Done!!! These things are great. The only thing left besides alittle black paint is bumstops. I'm going to have to make some longer brackets off the frame and then weld the TG bumpstops onto the spring plate. Put some miles on them today and it is like a whole new truck back there. Now to finally get some decent exhaust:cow:
DSC01780.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01782.jpg

Here is the final touch to the bumper:friday:

DSC01784.jpg

Willman

Very nice!!!!!

Love the light on your plate!!!!

Now we need some flexing pictures:REExeSquatsHL1:

Great Job on the chev's!!!

:)

Forum statistics