OldSven's Tacoma

Willman

badtoybumps said:
that is looking great, i'm proud of ya buddy, i might have to try and hire ya away from your current job to work here fabbin stuff for me!!!!! how much of a gap do you have between the riser and the tailgate, remember when flexing, the bed will move independent of the bumper due to the frame flex and the rubber body mounts. If ya think it may connect under extreme flex you can always move the bumper outward a little more by elongating the mount holes. Ya might try ramping the setup before ya get out in the field to assure you don't have contact with the tailgate, I did that on the 4 runner when i first started building the rack systems and dented up the tailgate. Anyway just an fyi. Looks great though nice job, Jeff

Welcome to the ExPo Jeff....you make some good looking bumpers my friend!

http://badlandbumpers.com/

:costumed-smiley-007

OldSven

Explorer
Here's an update:coffee: Got the hi-lift mounted, ordered up the latch. Once the latch gets here I can shorten the end of the gate up about 6".

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01665.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

The back end dropped 1/2" with the tire and jack. Springs are looking alittle flat:oops:
DSC01674.jpg

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Good progress

OldSven said:
Here's an update:coffee: Got the hi-lift mounted, ordered up the latch. Once the latch gets here I can shorten the end of the gate up about 6".

Coming along nicely! Good job on the DIY swing out build up.!

Cheers :beer:,
P

OldSven

Explorer
Thanks for all of the responses!!! Spoke with ARB and Wheeler's today and once the bumper build is all done I'm going to order up some Dakar's:REExeSquatsHL1:

Willman

looking good dude!

Little power coat......she i'll look great!!!

OldSven said:
Thanks for all of the responses!!! Spoke with ARB and Wheeler's today and once the bumper build is all done I'm going to order up some Dakar's:REExeSquatsHL1:

This smiley is for Deaver 10s......:REExeSquatsHL1:...not Dakar's...This is more like the smiley for Dakar's:cow: :hehe:

:shakin:

:26_7_2:

shawkins

Adventurer
Rear bumper looks great! I'm going to be building almost exactly the same thing for my friends DC taco.

Definitely powder coat it. I am currently doing a bunch of PC'ing for a friend and it is your best bet for protection from a "paint". We are currently making a bigger oven do do bumpers and quad frames.

OldSven

Explorer
shawkins said:
Rear bumper looks great! I'm going to be building almost exactly the same thing for my friends DC taco.

Definitely powder coat it. I am currently doing a bunch of PC'ing for a friend and it is your best bet for protection from a "paint". We are currently making a bigger oven do do bumpers and quad frames.
It's going in next week to get powdercoated at the place that did the front bumper. Got the rubber isolaters on, stop, and got it all polished up:coffeedrink:

OldSven

Explorer
Willman said:
looking good dude!

Little power coat......she i'll look great!!!

This smiley is for Deaver 10s......:REExeSquatsHL1:...not Dakar's...This is more like the smiley for Dakar's:cow: :hehe:

:shakin:

:26_7_2:
More like this:26_13_1:

OldSven

Explorer
The bumper is off to the powdercoater today, finally:xxrotflma They aren't the greatest pics but give me your input on where the licence plate should go.

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Licence plate mounting location

OldSven said:
They aren't the greatest pics but give me your input on where the licence plate should go.
DSC01686.jpg

I prefer this option because it's fixed and out of the way. It will look nice once it's powder coated.

Cheers :beer:,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy