Overland XJ Build. Not my first Rodeo.....(video included)

Overland History

Wanderluster
All set up at Overland Expo East....

IMG_5647.jpg

I Sautéed some veggies and grilled some marinated chicked on the new setup for the first time this evening, everything worked great! :D

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looks great! I like the kitchen setup. We have the exact same coleman stove with the grille and it is fantastic. I love it for making a variety of stuff... works great.

Oh and our Jeeps are looking more and more alike these days.

Looking good! Need to see some pics with your additional lift and new shocks. I picked up a pair of the same shocks for the front of my XJ, just need to put them in!

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Tried giving you a thumbs up on I40 E this afternoon, between Kernersville and Greensboro. I was in the orange JKUR; we were on our way back from hiking up by Boone. Wish I could have made it to Asheville this weekend.

Looked good, I miss my XJs!

Overland History

Wanderluster
Looks great! planning to put anything on the wood or just leave it bare? (carpet, paint etc.)

Thank you! My plan as of now is to stain the drawer faces. I'm likely going to cover a lot of the inside of the drawer with a black toolbox matting that's fireproof for the grill. I've considered doing a polyurethane to keep it smooth and splinter free, but we'll see. I need to figure out what kinda thickness of foam mattress I'm going to put on top of the platform itself.

Since the platform isn't actually complete yet, some of this stuff is on the backburner.

Overland History

Wanderluster
Looks great! I like the kitchen setup. We have the exact same coleman stove with the grille and it is fantastic. I love it for making a variety of stuff... works great.

Oh and our Jeeps are looking more and more alike these days.

Looking good! Need to see some pics with your additional lift and new shocks. I picked up a pair of the same shocks for the front of my XJ, just need to put them in!

Yup, I'm really happy about my choice to go with the grill. Coleman grills are stupid simple, easy to fix and parts are easily acquired, which is why I went with one.

Your XJ is looking good!

There's really no big difference in the lift. The XJ was sitting dead level with the old springs and shackle, which means they were sagging a good bit. With the new springs and stock shackle back in, the XJ sits just a little high in the rear, which in my opinion looks best, since the front fender flare is higher than the rear.

Overland History

Wanderluster
Tried giving you a thumbs up on I40 E this afternoon, between Kernersville and Greensboro. I was in the orange JKUR; we were on our way back from hiking up by Boone. Wish I could have made it to Asheville this weekend.

Looked good, I miss my XJs!

I did see you, but I was doing 65mph, and I think you were doing about 90 when you passed me. :smiley_drive: ;)

Nice looking JK you've got there!

Overland History

Wanderluster
I also met Bryon Dorr of Explore Elements and drank some of this excellent beer that sponsor's his rig! He's a great guy if you ever get the chance to meet him! :beer:

IMG_5757.jpg

This was my final pic of the weekend. I met countless amounts of salt of the earth people within the Overland Community. The almost complete lack of police presence speaks volumes of the caliber of people at the Expo. Thank you for all of the great information and travel stories that were shared. Looking forward to seeing you all again and hope to share a campfire!

IMG_5790.JPG

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Thanks man. Yeah, my XJ much like yours is coming along nicely. I would love to make the trip out to Overland ExPo East, but MAN that is a lot of hours in an XJ. lol

I too agree, the XJ does look better with the rear end a little higher. Mine has settled down about 3/4 of an inch with the tent and the rack up there, sitting perfectly flat now which is good. Hopefully that is all it settles.

Overland History

Wanderluster
Literally got off of work on Friday at 3:30pm, hopped in the XJ and headed west with absolutely no plan except to find adventure.

I ended up in West Virginia.

More pics to come tomorrow evening. :D

IMG_5952.jpg

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Subscribing

Subscribing to your thread, Love the way you share your experiences as you modify and use your XJ. Love your lic. plate too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner