Overland XJs Unite!

rammland

Observer
DSC_0466small.jpg
Thank you here is one more from that trip since then a few things have changed like bumper and winch I just don't have any good pictures yet

wreckedxj

Heres my xj (pics from about 5 years ago)
Its built more towards rock crawling now, but i plan on getting another xj and build it for trail riding and exploration stuff in the next year or so.

DSC_3123.jpg

NOTNSUV

'99 in Progress

Where to begin? Started off 18 months ago as a stock '99 XJ except RC 4.5" lift with 31x10.50 Cooper STT & 3.55.

Added:

OME 3.5" Super Ultimate from DPG. JKS Discos, JKS track-bar. HD coil springs to accommodate winch, bumper, etc. Rear swaybar is gone.
AJ's Offroad front winch bumper w/Warn xd9000i
VisionX LED 20w x 2 20* driving lights
Daniel Stern H4 headlight upgrade w/wiring harness (one of my favorite upgrades).
Old school headlight mesh grates/guards.
28% window tint.
Transmission cooler
Napier Hood Vents
Spectre Cowl Air Induction
62mm Throttle Body
4-port fuel injectors
Kleenoil bypass engine oil filter (www.kleenoilusa.com)
Rusty's Offroad Quarter Panel/Fender Flares front & rear. Front & rear fenders trimmed.
33 x 10.50 BFG KM2 on Black Rock (made in USA) fake beadlocks. 4.75" Backspacing and 1" rear spacers to match track with Warn hub width. Net BS = 3.75". I like them tucked but is still 1.5" wider than stock w/5.25" BS.
JCR Sliders
JCR transfer case skid
JCR gas tank skid
JCR lower rear quarter panel guards (not shown - removed for mods with Rusty's fenders)
JCR Rear Tire/Rotopax/HiLift Carrier Bumper
"BUILT" front and rear diffs (D30/C8.25): 4.56 w/ARB lockers, diff guards, welded control arm skids, Yukon axles, rear disc brake conversion, Warn hubs, etc.
Uniden 510XL CB with 4' Firestick and 102" whip on SS Quick connects.
ARB Compressor.
Ashtray switch panel for ARB Compressor, LED Driving Lights, backup lights, rock lights.
AC Vent dual switch panel for F/R Lockers.
All switches run through single HD relay box.
Kenwood something or another (was in it when I bought it - don't care)

Soon to come:
Iron Man rear spring shackle relocate brackets and possible Iron Man tubular shackles.
ACOS (adjustable front coil spring spacers). Might want 1 - 1.5" more lift for clearance/flex.
Junk rear seat back modified as platform for storage and easy R/R with factory rear seat.
Roof rack. Probable JCR modular & add 'tree sliders' and 'low profile' light mount for 40" LED light bar.
Fire Extinguisher Mount
Flashlight Mount
Storage Drawer or such.

Building a bit of a hybrid Overland/Hunting/Trail Riding/semi-rocker capable outfit.

Haven't had it out of the shop long enough for even poser pictures so here's the most recent.

Critique and/or suggestions are welcomed.

Gary

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

NOTNSUV

First post!

Here's the Chief. Built as an all around adventure rig that can handle just about anything. He's bit overbuilt for overland standards, (one ton axles and currently sitting on 37" tires), but he's still a reliable daily driver. A bed topper is on it's way, and once that is installed, i'll start setting the bed up for longer trips. Hoping to explore as much of t he southwest as possible.

unnamed_zps11ff220f.jpg

Where's this picture of the MJ taken? Looks like an area of Nevada near me but could probably be anywhere.

IdahoXJ

IdahoXJ
I'm new to the forum. I live in Southern Idaho near Twin Falls.
1989 XJ: 5.5" lift with Clayton long arm front susp, Curry HD steering, Ford 8.8 rear axle w/ disc brakes, Dana HP30 front, 4:88 gearing, AW4 trans w/ SYE, ARB air lockers front and rear, onboard air, Warn 9500 winch, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, red top batt, swing out rear tire carrier, removable doors, have half doors for front to use in summer, good under armor, lots of battle scars.
2003-03-16 14.14.59.jpg

NOTNSUV

I'm new to the forum. I live in Southern Idaho near Twin Falls.
1989 XJ: 5.5" lift with Clayton long arm front susp, Curry HD steering, Ford 8.8 rear axle w/ disc brakes, Dana HP30 front, 4:88 gearing, AW4 trans w/ SYE, ARB air lockers front and rear, onboard air, Warn 9500 winch, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, red top batt, swing out rear tire carrier, removable doors, have half doors for front to use in summer, good under armor, lots of battle scars.
View attachment 216042

I think you'll find a lot of Twin Falls area guys on cherokeetalk.
I'm in Elko, NV. Lots of wheeling between your new area and mine. I'm sure the TF guys will invite you along for their outings. Nice setup BTW.

NOTNSUV

cherokeetalk is where I see the Twin Falls gang.
I'm in Elko, NV. Lots of wheeling between here and TF.
Nice setup BTW

IdahoXJ

IdahoXJ
Thanks, NOTNSUV. I subscribe to Cherokeetalk and know and have wheeled with several of the TF guys on CT. One of them has a summer residence at Murphy HS. He led me on a day trip into Robinson Hole last fall. Really great day.

I love the area between Rogerson, Jarbidge and Elko. I'd like to explore that area even more in the days ahead. Perhaps we can do some wheeling in the future. Have XJ, will travel. I've been wanting to take the trip from Jarbidge to Elko and make it a several day outing.

Last edited:

NOTNSUV

Thanks, NOTNSUV. I subscribe to Cherokeetalk and know and have wheeled with several of the TF guys on CT. One of them has a summer residence at Murphy HS. He led me on a day trip into Robinson Hole last fall. Really great day.

I love the area between Rogerson, Jarbidge and Elko. I'd like to explore that area even more in the days ahead. Perhaps we can do some wheeling in the future. Have XJ, will travel. I've been wanting to take the trip from Jarbidge to Elko and make it a several day outing.

Try Jarbidge to Wildhorse via Charleston. It's been 20 years since I did that run but it was sweet. Also, there's a loop north from Charleston up the Bruneau R. that can bring you to Bruneau, ID/CJ Strike area or you can swing back south to Wildhorse. One of those I'd like to meet you guys along the way. I know a nice camp spot 9 miles from Wildhorse but not on the highway (my elk camp actually). When I saw you say, "New to the forum", I read, "New to TF"... oops. Good camping at Wildhorse with hot showers and all.

IdahoXJ

IdahoXJ
Thanks NOTNSUV. I'm already drooling over the prospects of the trip from Jarbidge to Wildhorse. When would be the best time of year for the trip? No question about it ... my kinda thing.

NOTNSUV

Thanks NOTNSUV. I'm already drooling over the prospects of the trip from Jarbidge to Wildhorse. When would be the best time of year for the trip? No question about it ... my kinda thing.

I did it in '92 over Memorial Day in an S-10 Baja and only got into one snow drift on top.. no problem. As dry as this winter is it could be a similar situation but hard to say. I might have to take a ride East on 80 to have a look see at Jarbidge mountains for snow from a distance or even drive the 60 miles to Wildhorse/Charelston. Need to get this thing moving, do nothing but wrench it.
I would probably not be available until a weekend in late June. I'm on call 24/7 weekend included. But keep me posted if you guys try to put something together and I'll see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal