4.10 gears
BFG 31X10.5 AT's
AJ's Offroad Armor front and rear bumpers w/ tire and fuel can carrier
Warn 8.0 winch
AJ's Offroad Armor rails
Roof rack

richbordoni

(pic)

2000 XJ, Full traction long arms, full frame with integrated arm mounts, 2.5 King shocks, Currie 9's front and rear with ARB's 4.56 gears. Hanson rear bumper with custom water and gas rack, Hanson gas tank skid, custom front bumper/ 9000rc warn winch, custom roof rack with PIAA HID lights, PSC steering box and pump, Currie steering, Beadlocks with 33" Toyo M/T. Engine stock with throttle-body, Edge chip and Ford injectors, Powermaster high output alt.

Wow, that is a serious Cherokee. :drool: Mind sharing some details on the full frame? Any plans for further engine work?

Last edited:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
pics

Throwing mine in again... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 136

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I think (subject to change..haha) the intent for my XJ is to keep it useful as my DD. To that end I'd like to make any mods to it flexible. The RTT will stay on mostly because I have no place else to put it when not in use. Mechanically I still need to source a tranny and t-case to complete the 4wd conversion. I'll go to a long arm kit eventually and likely lock both axles selectably. The sub will find a home in the rear quarter and the amp will likely end up where the rear seat cushion covers. I see me building a removable platform that is fairly easily to adapt and rearrange as need arises. The fridge needs to be able to go in and out with minimal effort and I'd like to be able to secure some pelican cases in the back to organize tools and such. Ideally it would all use a similar mounting system that could transfer from the XJ to the CJ and eventually a trailer. Different set ups giving me different ranges and amount of equipment.
For now I'm kind of in a holding pattern. Trying to get settled in the new area/job requirements/etc. Lots to learn and need to make contacts for stuff. Once I'm better settled I can start to crawl forward again. I do think I will continue to lean more towards Expo style stuff in general across the board. I still have my diesel Dodge out in Colorado I need to fix and then it will get its own laundry list of modifications. Ahh...projects! :)

ADK_XJ

Observer
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic on 265/75/r16s

Here's my entry - my second Cherokee and first real build-up:

photo (23).jpg
photo (21).JPG
photo (17).JPG

Current general specs are:

4.5" Rusty's AAL & Shackle Set
265/75/r16 Treadwright BFG AT KOs
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
Solid Front & Rear Diff Covers
Warrior Products Bumper & Brush Guard
Smittybilt XRC 8,000 lb winch
Lund Moonvisor (waiting install)

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Small upgrades...

I spent the last few weeks trying to get my XJ to pass inspection. Finally made it so its officially good to go! Wahooo!
I also decided it was past time to install the hood louvers as its getting brutal hot and humid here and I don't want it overheating. I have had a pair of 80s-early90s Chrysler turbo car vents that have been kicking around in my junk for a while. I flipped and swapped sides with them so I could trace the outline of them on blue painters tape. I then came in about a 1/4" for the cut line and traced it again. Once I had it about where I wanted them I took them outside to shoot some paint on them. Then back inside to cut the hood. The hood was already a little worse for wear so I wasn't so worried about cutting into it. I just got busy with an angle grinder and cut off wheel and it was soon done. Only then did I notice one is slightly off from the other. Not a huge deal and you have to really look to see it, but its true.
I then scuff sanded the center of the hood and gave the Harbor freight brand bed liner a try. I didn't have high hopes for such an off brand but if we never try, we never know. All in all it seems ok. It went on easy enough since its in a spray can and dried pretty uniform. Its a pretty flat finish, not rubbery looking like some bed liners. I think it may help if I ever get around to sourcing a LED light bar for the roof rack. Less reflection off the hood I hope.
So once it and the vents dried I ran a bead of RTV around them and just pressed them into place. They cured over night and the next day I opened the hood and ran a thicker bead all around the inside of where they meet the hood. I'll see how they do and only if they look like they need a mechanical fastener will I add some. So far it looks like they will be just fine without them.
Anyway...words words words...You guys just want the pics. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 89

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
OttawaXJ (pm replied to) I do over on the military jeepers website. It is mostly a JCR DIY bumper kit that arrived in a big, flat box. I'm very pleased with the quality and fitment of it and it was both reasonable and easily shipped to me. The upper part is all me, I just used a brush guard I pulled out of the trash for its bends and then made it all work. easy peesy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk