Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Jb1rd

Explorer
The start of our journey back to Colorado from Florida.
97af1466fb6f5035b34c545a09e07d3e.jpg

the journey turned into a proper adventure near Pensecola with a massive blowout
b46b31f394b1354adc562978dd5f0c34.jpg

the real brains of the operation
03212a50cf5b73128a3cc604609436cd.jpg

and then we made it home
a62e990fe5fd2f7b60353f01660825ad.jpg

the van ran flawlessly and all of the amenities were utilized along the way, even the furnace which I don't think had ever been run. 9,000 feet got a little chilly from thin blood gained living in FL for he past 4 years. I am now ready to figure out why the house battery will not work without the key being turned to on ( not started mind you, just turned to the on position ) I have a sneaking suspicion that the PO messed something up when he moved the house battery from the engine bay to under the sofa.

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

Last edited:

ben2go

Adventurer
That is a pretty unusual looking blow out.My girl had something like that on her Ranger once.She was running 70mph on the interstate,when the passenger front picked up a vibration and popped shortly after.It appeared to me that the steel belts broke.

Jb1rd

Explorer
That is a pretty unusual looking blow out.My girl had something like that on her Ranger once.She was running 70mph on the interstate,when the passenger front picked up a vibration and popped shortly after.It appeared to me that the steel belts broke.
That is exactly what happened to me, felt a vibration and the BAM!!! It is also what the tire tech said, and then showed me the other side which was getting ready to do the same so I replaced it too.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Know the cause? Just old tires, that sat, possibly deflated for a bit? Did you have any symptoms before it went?
Not sure the tires were newer 2011 production date and the PO stated he had put them on in 2012, not sure about deflation o r anything but it surly sat for awhile.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
IM not a scientist lol but looks the way that failed that there was a crack or pin whole in the middle area of the tread . At prolonged hwy speeds it allows heat build up between the tire tread and the belt material causing weakening of both , until boom. You see alot on retreads but can happen to a regular tire.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

kakah!

10559904_10152548457381163_6286384675997907431_n.jpg

Here's my Delica, an older L300 with the 'Crystal Lite' glass roof. I've had it for seven years and it's the only vehicle that I've ever been attached to; I couldn't imagine not driving it! We take it down from B.C. to Arizona at least once every winter, sometimes twice, and sleep in it after mountain biking all day... it's a 35 hour drive due to it being so slow on the hills, but it's also super comfortable to drive - we do the trip non-stop, only pausing to fill the tank and switch drivers. I also do a bunch of two and three day trips for mountain biking around B.C.. It's not camperized because I have to fit a load of bikes in it sometimes, but I'll likely build a single-width bed for it soon so I can still load two or three bikes inside and store gear under the bed.

It used to be white (the roof and back gate still are) but I just hit it with that rubber paint stuff, and I'm having a side-mounted ladder and rear bumper built for it to hold the spare and jerry cans. Hoping to pick up one of those big *** Goal Zero things (I'm too retarded to make my own) and some panels so I can spend more time on the road and still be able to work a bit. She needs new boots as well.

Last edited:

Vaga

Welcome to Expo! How do plan on combining the vans? Swap drive train to camper?
Thanks!

The original plan was to swap camper to 4x4 since the camper is dated and a bit rusty anyway. But the kid I hired to drive the pathfinder back from Montana blew the motor on the way.

Probably still the better approach but swapping motors is sure to be a hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal