Portrait Shots (show us your best)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
IMG_0048.jpg

Very nice. Great moment.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Very nice. Great moment.

Thanks Clark, like the Scope one but might have used a higher f/stop to get more of the scope in focus. Unless you were going for that look?

Thanks Nwoods. This was her friend who I used as my set-up model while the actual model would be changing so I could figure out what my settings would be for the next scene

Clark White

Explorer
Pat, I was trying to get the scope out of focus so the eye clearly focus's on my friend, but I think you may be on to something. While I want the scope out of focus, I think I got a little carried away; couple stops higher on the aperture and it would still be out of focus but not as dramatically so, which would probably be more pleasing. Maybe f8 instead of f4?

Here is another of the same day, both were shot at f4, but I like the angle of the previous one better.

Clark

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Without seeing a comparable shot with say the f/8 setting, it's hard to say, but I do agree that just a bit more focus on the scope might be more pleasing

Not a bad shot either way

loren85022

Explorer
I'm always dreaming about a new lens I 'need'. Finally caved and acquired a 105mm macro lens. It's a fun lens to wander around taking pics of plants, architectural details, and portraits. This is the first session shot. It is of Nick Springer, a quadruple amputee who travels the world speaking about the perils of Meningitis. Along the way he's collected three Olympic medals.

The lighting is a beauty dish above. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361113438.051115.jpg

Sent from my iToaster

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Bit different stuff that whats on here. :)

This sort of thing is not posted here only because I don't anyone who looks like that who will pose for me :)
Nice shot, I agree with Pat, great lighting. I also like how you've gotten her to stretch out the neckline and hold the jaw. I think I would have done some puppet transformation work on her upper right arm, but otherwise, hot damn she's fine!

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
haha thanks guys. That one is a bit more fashion friendly vs some of the other shoots I'm on. :)

Ended up being 1 beauty dish above her head and that shot was made in less than 5 seconds, just good timing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal