Post up your drawer/storage system

Intuit

Observer
How do you mount that stove shelf?

It is basically a "hanger" using some square tubing and tabs. It is small and stores real nice, the wood shelf itself makes for a good lid inside the drawer when not in use. I will attempt to get some better pics of the whole thing tomorrow.

Northman

Adventurer
Some more of that ...

5382173.jpg

/QUOTE]

I love the idea of the work light mounted. Is it brighter than your regular back up lights? In the summer time I have to lock up gates and usually need someone to put the car in reverse to see anything. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Hi ! No , it isn't brighter than a Backup Light , but it's an independent and cordless Light that you can use without a Car . :ylsmoke: You can turn it forward , than you have Light in the Truck . Or you turn it backwards , than you have the Light behind the Truck . It's not as bright as Hell , but it's okay ... and it's easy to install and a cheap Gimmick . Tomorrow i can shoot some Pics .
I also have Lights on the folding Table and on the left Box with the Watercock . It's enough Light for a dark Night i think .

6567767yhl.jpg

6567769bnj.jpg

6567770xhz.jpg

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
FYI: Looks like ARB is now selling a standard line of drawers made by Outback. Too rich for my blood and I'd rather make my own.

Got this in an email from ARB:

DATE: 3.17.2011
DESCRIPTION: ARB Outback Solutions Modular Roller Drawer Systems
APPLICATION: Universal
PART NO: Varies. Click Here to View
AVAILABILITY DATE: Late Spring 2011
Retail: Varies. Click Here to View
Outback Solutions by ARB
Modular Roller Drawer Systems by ARB

Seattle, March 17th/ ARB 4x4 Accessories/ -- ARB is thrilled to launch the Outback Solutions Modular Roller Drawer Systems range, providing off-roaders with an extremely versatile selection of products to suit a wide variety of uses. Exclusively to ARB, the Outback Solutions Modular Roller Drawer System provides new configuration and application options over traditional roller drawer systems.

The range consists of eleven modules across three styles. Modules can be mounted in various combinations, including individually, side by side and vertical. This system also provides flexibility to change, rearrange or add modules and accessories over time. A growing range of accessories allow the system to be tailored to specific needs. As well as suiting most traditional applications, Outback Solutions modules can also be fitted to non traditional applications such as flat beds, trailers, buses and more.

Detailed PDF and Excel spreadsheet here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8405964/ARB_drawerSystems_PR_retail.pdf.zip

bdbecker

Adventurer
Here's my setup, nothing fancy, and not quite finished yet, but you get the idea. I used a futon mattress for the bed. The whole setup weighs about 50lbs and I can install/uninstall it in less than 10 minutes by myself. It's pretty solid too, holds all 285lbs of me with only minor flex when I stand in an unsupported area. I need to install a hinge for the front storage compartment yet, but I'm happy with what I got done in 2 hours and $50 worth of material. By only making it as long as the mattress, I'm able to sit on the edge and have a decent amount of space to move around (which was a major concern for me at 6'3" tall), and it makes crawling into the bed easier. Side to side, it's snug, but I probably need to install some sort of tie down system to keep secure front to back, or in case of an accident.

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Hey Guys, Not an SUV, but this was my shim/structure/storage solution!

Problem: How to fit a small camper on a big truck?

Solution: Shim it up over the cab and build boxes while your at it....

P2120001.jpg

P2150010.jpg

P2150019.jpg

P3190038.jpg

P3190036.jpg

2011-03-12_10-43-38_226.jpg

Thought Yall might like. Great Ideas on here! Thanks! :victory:

MichiganSheepdog

Ham Adventurer
Hey Guys, Not an SUV, but this was my shim/structure/storage solution!

Problem: How to fit a small camper on a big truck?

Solution: Shim it up over the cab and build boxes while your at it....

P2120001.jpg

P2150010.jpg

P2150019.jpg

P3190038.jpg

P3190036.jpg

2011-03-12_10-43-38_226.jpg

Thought Yall might like. Great Ideas on here! Thanks! :victory:

I like the idea.:victory: Question: Have you found any issues with wood drawer system not supporting the weight of the camper? Just wondering about weight distribution while off the beaten path.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
I like the idea.:victory: Question: Have you found any issues with wood drawer system not supporting the weight of the camper? Just wondering about weight distribution while off the beaten path.

Hey Michigan! I have not had any issues yet, and doubt I will. I Made the boxes really stout. Each vertical piece separating the compartments are 2x6's or 3x6's sandwhiched between the 1/2" plywood.

I've had it setup for about a year now with about 14+/- trips on it some on dirt roads in 4x4 and no problems at all. Only thing that I am still working on is the tie down system. If I do a really rough section of trail the camper shifts a little to one side or the other depending on direction of camber. Nothing crazy, but I can notice it. It has not concerned me because Im not doing anything crazy in my setup.

Doors still open just as easy as the first day I built it. The biggest thing I was concerned about was weather/water so I gave to boxes about 4 coats of exterior grade paint.

frans

Adventurer
sloF250, could you explain please what slide system you use for your plywood drawer under the camper? I can't see if you have any from the pictures. Does the drawer simply slide on itself?
thanks
frans

SLO_F-250

Explorer
sloF250, could you explain please what slide system you use for your plywood drawer under the camper? I can't see if you have any from the pictures. Does the drawer simply slide on itself?
thanks
frans

Frans,
Right now its just wood to wood sliding. It was actually pretty smooth when it was unfinished wood to wood sliding like in the picture above, but since then I gave it a coat of exterior grade white. Now I gotta put some muscle into it. :elkgrin:

I couldn't find any sliders/bearings that would allow me to get it out as far as I wanted, plus it would take up valuable space. I think I only have about 7+ inches for storage under there.

I have some sheet metal laying around, and am planning on ad-hearing it to the bottom of the drawer. Im hoping that reduces the friction. Ill then apply some miniwax to the wood. Lets hope that combo works! Ill update my camper thread when I do it.

4runrftw

I have some sheet metal laying around, and am planning on ad-hearing it to the bottom of the drawer. Im hoping that reduces the friction. Ill then apply some miniwax to the wood. Lets hope that combo works! Ill update my camper thread when I do it.

You might think about going to a commercial kitchen supply store, buying some UHMW (cutting board material), then putting that on the bottom of the drawer. MUCH smoother than sheet metal would be. I bet that plus your minwax would make it like buttah. :chef:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman