post your Suburban pics

justcuz

Explorer
Actually, they did. Early 400 Suburban’s with 6.5L diesels were marketed as 1500’s with 1500 door labels but were really ¾ tons with 8 lug wheels. If I recall it was in 94/95 when they did that. Never got the real story as to why

Thanks for that info Larry. I looked at every product brochure I could find online and could only find indication of the diesel in the 3/4 ton GMT 400 platform. Maybe marketed in some states to avoid registration fees based on GVW's? Never seen one here as I recall. California registers Suburbans as passenger vehicles, not trucks, regardless of GVW. Maybe that's the reason.

justcuz

Explorer
Don't see an edit tab, mine was a 2006 1500HD.

Recently the forum changed, now you only have 1 minute after posting to edit your post.
I don't care for it, but it may serve a purpose for the site. Raising the overall post count might draw more commercial supporters.
Since the site is free to us and it does cost money to run, commercial supporters look at the site activity as part of the base for their advertising investments.
Now instead of editing, your continued thought or info on a thread has to be a new post.
If it keeps costs down, the site on line, minimizing the operation costs to the site owners by bringing in more commercial supporters,
no complaints. There is a lot of info volunteered by the good people on this site to make a big deal of it.
I will be more thoughtful and thorough in my replies before I hit the "post reply" button.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Recently the forum changed, now you only have 1 minute after posting to edit your post.
I don't care for it, but it may serve a purpose for the site.
I think another purpose it serves is that it increases "accountability" because it keeps people from going back and selectively editing what they wrote. Prevents a lot of "he said/she said" back-and-forth type of bickering as in "you said that I was a ****" and the other person goes back and edits it out and then writes "no I didn't" etc. Also prevents people from spitefully removing valuable content.

dieselfuel

Adventurer
So how about some pictures?
505341318337bfabfde23880c1b3f331.jpg

0b527a769f2f64f4010ceebd6b44f970.jpg

justcuz

Explorer
Diesel,
Is this before or after your front axle rebuild? Pretty area, where were the photos taken? How is the rest of the vehicle performing? Does it meet all your expectations?

Martin,
I thought about that too and used may and might in my post for this reason, meaning my submission is speculative. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to be seeing more advertisements and sponsors of late.
I am kind of all over and don't see that much bickering that you gave an example of. I tend to pass most of that stuff off as posters who have inflexible opinions and loyalties, or trolls, so they don't really leave much of an impression on me. There are a couple of trolls on the board who seem to always stir the pot, but I ignore their posts if they happen to post in a thread I visit.

RiggRMortis

After a day I finally reached the end of the thread! A lot of nice Suburbans in here!

I got my 87 1500 about two months ago. This is my second Suburban, first was a 94 2500 but that developed a nasty tick so I traded it off for a car for my wife and snatched up a friend's 87.

Cash flow is low, so progress is slow. It's currently my DD until I find something else worth buying, then it will be a hunting/fishing/camping rig.

I'm running for ugliest rig in this thread and think I might have the lead.

Nothing too crazy planned. Cheap and dirty bumpers, roof rack, lights all the way around, platform in the back to sleep on with storage underneath. Before any of that happens I need to get it dependable. In the next few weeks I'll do a tune up, fluid and filter changes, heater core, shocks all around, get the gate window working (ugh), and a few other little things. It also needs three windows, but they aren't leaking so that can wait a bit.

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk

FBJR

Adventurer
It was a full 4 inch lift with drop.. Rebuilt the entire front end at the same time. Never had any issues but sold it after this, a duramax called me.

dieselfuel

Adventurer
Diesel,
Is this before or after your front axle rebuild? Pretty area, where were the photos taken? How is the rest of the vehicle performing? Does it meet all your expectations?

After, I've got a few hundred miles on it since I did the king pins. Including about 50 dirt miles. Those photos were on Mormon wells road just north of Las Vegas. Overall, she runs great! I might still need some bigger fans (higher cfm rating, not actually larger) but otherwise I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

justcuz

Explorer
Your running the NP241 with the standard 2.72 low range and 4.56 gears correct?
Do you ever feel the need for a set of Rubicon 4-1 low range gears in the t-case?

dieselfuel

Adventurer
Your running the NP241 with the standard 2.72 low range and 4.56 gears correct?
Do you ever feel the need for a set of Rubicon 4-1 low range gears in the t-case?

Stock 241 case yeah, but I've got 4.88 gears. There's been a time or two that a lower crawl ratio would have helped but for a majority of the wheeling I do, the stock low range is fine. Someday I'd like to swap in an atlas or an ORD magnum 205 but that's low priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven