Quadrasteer Worked So Great for Chevy, Right? Now Maybe It’s the F250’s Turn

kahos

Makes sense. Seems like the F-450 limiteds are all the rage on YouTube lately. People are liking the widetrack axle's shorter turning radius.

Clearly money is no issue for these folks. It would give whoever brings this feature back first a decent advantage in the upper end of the market.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Just make sure to add another 1,000-1500$ to refurb all the extra bearings/bushigns, ujoints after 150k miles. Not a huge deal, but definitely more items to replace, basically the same as a solid front axle.

Mekcanix

Camper
Funny enough I had never seen one of these quadra steer units and really never gave it much thought. I figured is was a American model that we never get up here in Canada. Then yesterday a beat up silverado is in front of me in traffic and I think its a dually, because of the rear fenders. But as I am sitting back there I notice the rear end (insert joke here) and its got all kinds of stuff hanging off of it, then I see the bottom of the C for the steering knuckle a low and behold I see my first Quadra steer. The truck was really rough I would have grabbed a pic if I wasnt driving., but its still running . I know I am not really adding anything to the thread but I just had to say something as I read this thread the other day and then see one for the first time.
Carry on have a nice day

85_Ranger4x4

I doubt the rear gets near the abuse the front does as far as steering components go.

I doubt the front can carry as much weight as the rear.

IMO the rear will burn thru parts faster than the front unless they are much heavier built.

Your big fifth wheel camper? Is now supported by ball joints and has u-joints/cv joints and tie rods involved in making it go.

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Quadra-steer was one of those things that wasn't marketed very hard and many people just didn't know about. I think it's also one of those things that while it added "value", it didn't add enough value to justify the rather exorbitant price (I think the add on cost for the quadra-steer was almost $5000.)

Like many things that were never appreciated "in their time", they've acquired something of a cult following and now demand high prices in the secondary market.

Funny enough I had never seen one of these quadra steer units and really never gave it much thought. I figured is was a American model that we never get up here in Canada. Then yesterday a beat up silverado is in front of me in traffic and I think its a dually, because of the rear fenders. But as I am sitting back there I notice the rear end (insert joke here) and its got all kinds of stuff hanging off of it, then I see the bottom of the C for the steering knuckle a low and behold I see my first Quadra steer. The truck was really rough I would have grabbed a pic if I wasnt driving., but its still running . I know I am not really adding anything to the thread but I just had to say something as I read this thread the other day and then see one for the first time.
Carry on have a nice day

There are two big giveaways to QS. The first, as you noticed, are the flared out rear fenders. Those are most visible (obviously) from the rear. Not only do the rear fenders flare out, they have little clearance lights on the front and back of the rear fenders.

On the front the giveaway are the cab clearance lights. If you see a GMT-800 truck or Suburban/Yukon XL with those distinctive clearance lights, it's almost certainly a QS model.

QS was ONLY available on 2500 Suburbans and trucks. Half tons never got the QS and I don't think the 1-ton (3500) trucks got it either.

QS Yukon Rear.jpg

quadrasteer suburban.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Nope. Quit putting failed gm designs on my trucks. Don't need it. I know how to use my mirrors to back into a parking space.

Ever drive a quadrasteer truck with thrust angle problems? Apparently nobody at Ford has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat