*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Can't wait to see how your bumper turns out! It's hard to believe that you could cut almost 10" out of the bed side and still have it look good.
I started at the frame brackets. Bolted them on then welded the 2x4 onto the brackets. It's difficult to mess up and you know they will bolt on when your done. Good luck!

rickashay

Explorer
:coffee:

Also, LOL to the 'hybrid' badge. Just noticed that

Hahah I love that badge. You wouldn't believe how many people ask "Is that really a Hybrid?". LOL

Can't wait to see how your bumper turns out! It's hard to believe that you could cut almost 10" out of the bed side and still have it look good.
I started at the frame brackets. Bolted them on then welded the 2x4 onto the brackets. It's difficult to mess up and you know they will bolt on when your done. Good luck!

Yah it's crazy.... I'm probably not doing a straight cut, gunna taper it at an angle downwards. We are also doing the same thing for the mounts. Bolt it all up and then weld the 2x4 on - build off of that. I'm gunna head to your thread now to gather more ideas!

AaronK

Explorer
Iii wiiill drive past your house, aaand if the lights are all down, I'll see who's aroooound 😛

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

rickashay

Explorer
I always do this, work real hard on something and take no pictures. Then regret it later.

Pics can be a PITA. I'm always scared I'm going to mess up my camera equip with my greasy hands haha.

What's going on with that horizontal coil shock on the solid axle truck in the background?

Steering damper

^Yup! 37x14" Maxxis tires that don't balance worth a ****. He had such bad death wobble the steering box on the 80 series LC almost ripped off. The frame end was fractured all the way around where the steering box mounts to the frame. Supposedly the coil dampener helps a bunch now that it's all been patched back together.

Better get that done in time for Rock Therapy....

If Addison attends Rock Therapy, I will attend Rock Therapy, and only for that reason.

Little creepy but ok...

Iii wiiill drive past your house, aaand if the lights are all down, I'll see who's aroooound 

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

HAHAHA. Such an honor Connor.

Not going to happen. My work schedule just changed again. Back to the 9-5 and none of this awesome week on/week off rotation.

Tis my (our - mostly Nick's) days progress...

Lots of this:

_DSC1173.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Starting to look like something - We used 1/4" for most of the frame mounts. Rest of the bumper is 3/16"

_DSC1177.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

See ya later bedside and hello MASSIVE RuffStuff recovery points:

_DSC1189.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Another angle:

_DSC1190.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

^ Couldn't loose the bro-tip exhaust. Spot the exhaust chop mod. He's cleaning it up tomorrow and we will be back at it on monday to do the tube work. Undecided if I want hoops up the bedside for more protection or just keep it clean and simple???

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Hoops all the way. I just think it looks more 'functional' that way. That is my opinion obviously not everyone agrees. But let's be real... these trucks have a fair amount of sheet metal hanging past that rear tire just waiting to get mashed up.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Lol I'm still rocking the donkey ******** exhaust. Bumper is turning out great! I did put my hitch out a little further. When I had my 4 runner I flushed it up like you did but found it difficult to line the hitch pin up without getting under the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven