*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

rickashay

Explorer
More and more i seen yours. The more I might do a SFK if my rear sags more than I like when I get the full bumper on it. That .5 lift might be all I need too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of flexibility with this system for sure!

Well.... that's pretty neat. Looking good.
Whats next?

Lol thanks.

Next? Rear bumper needs powdercoat. Just debating if I follow through and get the LineX done before I install the bumper. Either that or I bolt everything on and then bug Benc to send me a front bumper! Lots of projects on the go with Doug, but it's starting to come together. Been a slow build in comparison to my previous ones.

rickashay

Explorer
UPDATE

My Archive Garage 6" Shackles showed up on Friday. Once again, a masterpiece of design. Greaseable bushings ******.

IMG_7162.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_7166.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Was hoping to have them in over the weekend but haven't had time and I'm out of town tomorrow. Should have them in by Thursday though as I'm trying to head out camping this weekend.

Another small project I've been working on is storage space organization and utilization. I am a big fan of being organized and having a place for everything I carry camping. This has been a learning process in the making ever since I got into this hobby. I want the truck to always basically be ready to camp, so that I can stop for the night, pull the stove out and unfold the tent and be ready for camp. Simple camp setup and simple camp clean up. Although not pretty, this simple 2x4 barrier setup will house all of my key items and allow some flexibility depending on what I'm carrying. I still need to make the brackets to tie it in to the box mounting bolts but the objective is to also have it easily removable. Simple and light weight but I think it's going to bring camp organization and enjoyment way up. I'll grab a pic once it's complete with all my camp gear loading in place to show the true beauty of this simple assembly of 2x4.

IMG_7169.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Wow 18" coils? That's crazy. On my 2.5x8" shocks I had 1.5" preload on 18" coils.

Honestly if you had gone 18" should have lowered the spring rate to 650 or 600

JeepTreeHouse

Adventurer
As for above the roofline for a Hard Shell RTT couldn't you keep it low like something like this, on your current rack setup?

12829027_552524454910469_1668586110459592149_o.jpg

rickashay

Explorer
As for above the roofline for a Hard Shell RTT couldn't you keep it low like something like this, on your current rack setup?

Definitely could. I just am not a huge fan of the rear overhang look. Looks so strange to me. Although.... if you had some tubing going at a rearward rake to catch the overhang portion of the tent it might help the look out a bit. Hmmm that would be easy to do...

Unrelated to #Doug but a cool project we worked on a couple weeks ago. Lots more truck feature videos to come!
[video=vimeo;169288139]https://vimeo.com/169288139[/video]

rickashay

Explorer
Amazing!!

Very tasteful! Video and the rig

Ride it like you stole it!

I can't find the video link, I must be having cognitive issues...

Its not on my mobile phone, but I did see it on my PC
Nice video Addison!

Thanks Gents!

Not sure why its not showing up, try refreshing the page? I'm on Chrome on my iMac and it's working as it should?

UPDATE

Was able to do a little exploring this weekend. Tried some new trails and ended up getting turned around deep into the forest with a LONG way back. Kind of disjointed the plans for the rest of the weekend but the weather was perfect and we really could do no wrong.

IMG_7237.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

On the up and up:

IMG_7241.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Ok this pic is just too funny not to post. Our progress was halted by some snow that covered a section where we had to traverse the mountainside. The fall off the edge would have us plummit a thousand feet or so... not worth the risk. Ian figured we could maybe shovel our way through?

IMG_7243.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Part of the traverse:

IMG_7257.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IG post today ("r_addison" OR "tamarackmediaco")

IMG_7268.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Eagerly waiting for the call from the powdercoaters

IMG_7269.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

On the way home, we swung through Invermere to have a swim in the lake. Couldn't help but drool over this FINE specimen.

IMG_7270.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online