seanpistol's 01 Tundra

snowaddict91

Adventurer
I was hoping you'd decide to sell again, but when my wife was done with grad school. Been thinking of ditching both my rigs for one smaller truck and have always loved this thing. I'd love to come take a look at it, but I think my wife would kill me. GLWS!

xlcaferacer

Adventurer
I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Problem for me is I probably won't see a your potential new thread as I only frequent the Toyota build section. Sad day! Good luck with the new truck and hopefully a buggy build will be Toyota based so I can follow along again.

seanpistol

Explorer
I was hoping you'd decide to sell again, but when my wife was done with grad school. Been thinking of ditching both my rigs for one smaller truck and have always loved this thing. I'd love to come take a look at it, but I think my wife would kill me. GLWS!

I like your CCSB OBS powerstroke! My Dad has an OBS 7.3 F350 with 525k on original motor and turbo.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Problem for me is I probably won't see a your potential new thread as I only frequent the Toyota build section. Sad day! Good luck with the new truck and hopefully a buggy build will be Toyota based so I can follow along again.

I'll have to link it here in case anyone cares to see. I can't imagine the eventual truggy being anything other than a Toyota :sombrero:

Rangler103

This has been a great thread that's given me tons of great ideas. I'm currently working on two 05 tundras ( one tubbed and one sas)because of you and a few others. What kind of mileage are you getting on 35's with 4.56 gears? Thanks for the great photos and info.

AaronK

Explorer
Calculate number of rotations of factory 31" tire to make the odo distance. Multiply that number by 100.5" (32 times pi)
I guess I'm assuming it was accurate from the factory. Maybe I'll set up a GPS odometer on my Torque app

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

seanpistol

Explorer
Once again I pulled the Tundra off the market. My cousin bailed on his end of the deal to sell me his Cummins, even though I had purchased plane tickets to Portland this evening to pick it up.... needless to say, I am not happy with him or the circumstances. The day I listed the Tundra the socket for the passenger rear blinker shorted out so I think the truck was mad at me anyway. I searched the internet for a diesel that fit what I was looking for and decided that my budget was pointing me towards a 200k vehicle that I would never thoroughly know the history of, with a tranny that costs upwards of $3000 if it takes a dump. Reliability is my highest priority. I told the couple with cash in hand and the two backup buyers that I'm not selling the Tundra in the forseeable future. Selling this truck doesn't want to work out for me so I'm not going to fight it.

I'm throwing on the fox shocks, shackle flip, 3 pack add-a-leaf and CVT tent that have been sitting in my basement and going to Moab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL