seanpistol's 01 Tundra

IS-RIDER

Observer
Sorry to hear about ur deal falling threw. Sometimes it's tough to do business with family.
You'd be kicking yourself after you let it go anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
Wow! Time to take your cousin off the Christmas card list. I'm glad you didn't sell your Tundra first(I saw a deal like that, didn't work out well). The next time you crawl under the truck, use 8 jack stands just in case she's not over it.

AaronK

Explorer
How are you factoring in your speedo/odometer error?
So I've been running a GPS based odometer through my Torque OBD app and have determined about a 5.9% discrepancy from my factory odometer. Last tank was actually 16.8. I feel better now.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

My cousin bailed on his end of the deal to sell me his Cummins, even though I had purchased plane tickets to Portland this evening to pick it up....

I know how you feel. I have had three deals fall apart on me. One of them was a '65 Mini Cooper S for $12K. I had the cash and everything and the guy stopped returning my calls.

I have learned to be not so eager. It makes the seller uneasy.

tyv12

Adventurer
I get the diesel bug every once and a while, there's something about that turbo spool, but when it comes down to it my tundra will do everything I need it to and no matter what I know it's gonna start and get me home, can't say the same about those dodges with the porcelin transmissions! Keep the tundra you'll regret selling it if you ever do

I think the reason most people hate the Dodge transmissions is because they are getting their info third hand. A friend of some guy I knew in high school had one once...

I have a 2003 Dodge Cummins 4x4. It's got a bit of HP and my transmission is in great shape. I also don't thrash on the transmission though. I am gentle with the shifts and when towing.

Buying my Dodge is probably one of the best vehicle purchasing decisions I've made.

AaronK

Explorer
I think the reason most people hate the Dodge transmissions is because they are getting their info third hand. A friend of some guy I knew in high school had one once...

I have a 2003 Dodge Cummins 4x4. It's got a bit of HP and my transmission is in great shape. I also don't thrash on the transmission though. I am gentle with the shifts and when towing.

Buying my Dodge is probably one of the best vehicle purchasing decisions I've made.
My dad blew up his. Sheared the clutch basket. 95 2500 V10

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

rickashay

Explorer
This thread is like an emotional roller coaster!! haha Glad your keeping it (again), and you're gunna like the SFK!!

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
In my 05 there is a grommet pretty close to under the driver seat. My antenna is mounted at the drivers side rear stake pocket. The coax runs over the rear fender well, down the frame (running with the parking brake cable) to the grommet.

seanpistol

Explorer
Awesome... I am going to mount my CB antenna in the front stake pocket and mount the box under the drivers side seat- I'll look for that grommet. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL