seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
I upgraded to the later 13WL calipers and had custom braided stainless lines made that are 3" over stock. Banjo bolt came from NAPA and I ground it down until I could barely get a socket on it to make it low profile as possible.

By the way- forgot to mention that on that last trip I drove 450 miles. Up and down grades as steep as 18%, from 4500 to 9500', up to 85 mph on the highway, sat in traffic for an hour on the way out of town, and a few miles in 4x4. 17.3 mpg!!!!!!

rickashay

Explorer
By the way- forgot to mention that on that last trip I drove 450 miles. Up and down grades as steep as 18%, from 4500 to 9500', up to 85 mph on the highway, sat in traffic for an hour on the way out of town, and a few miles in 4x4. 17.3 mpg!!!!!!

Yup. I hate you. Lol

seanpistol

Explorer
Why is your mileage so poor? I'm sure if I never looked at my ultra-gauge to adjust my foot I'd get as least a mpg less.

rickashay

Explorer
Why is your mileage so poor? I'm sure if I never looked at my ultra-gauge to adjust my foot I'd get as least a mpg less.

450 miles per tank is what I do not understand. I have 3 wheeling buddies with 2UZ vehicles (Tundra, and 2 4th Gen v8 4Runners). One is stock gearing with 33's, one is 33's with 4.88s, and mine is 35's with 4.56 gears. None of us clear more than 550kms (~350miles) per tank EVER. I actually don't drive very fast and on the highway I usually only cruise at 70mph. So many variables at play though... I did use a GPS app to find my actual speed vs. my speedo and then applied the correction factor from that to my Scan Gauge. I then take my odo trip mileage and multiply it by my correction factor of 12% to get my actual distance travelled per tank.

My new 02's just showed up... maybe I will throw them in over the weekend and see if they help. Was going to do the fuel filter for ******** and giggles as well.

#becauseracecar

Only on Fridays. haha

seanpistol

Explorer
450 miles for the trip, not the tank. I filled up at about 310 miles and the low fuel light hadn't come on yet but it was getting there.

I'll also note that this was my second best trip mpg ever. Usually I'm closer to 16. I factor in my error as well.

AaronK

Explorer
I can get about 400 miles to a tank if I run it all the way down to a hope and a prayer.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

rickashay

Explorer
450 miles for the trip, not the tank. I filled up at about 310 miles and the low fuel light hadn't come on yet but it was getting there.

I'll also note that this was my second best trip mpg ever. Usually I'm closer to 16. I factor in my error as well.

Well that makes more sense. Once I get the 02's in I'm going to baby the next tank and see how I fair. Sorry no more clogging up your build thread!

I can get about 400 miles to a tank if I run it all the way down to a hope and a prayer.

Thats pretty good! I've made it to 600kms before but I had been driving f0r 75kms with the light on. Yikes!

AaronK

Explorer
On mine I calculated out that the light comes on with around 4 gallons left which puts me at 65ish miles.

City_Rider

Adventurer
Definitely envious of your 26.4L tank... My 4Runner only comes with a 18.5L tank but I guess it works for me as I have to stop regularly for my back anyways!

jtrue

Hey Sean, maybe I'm missing it, but what are you running for leafs in the rear? Or are you running an AAL? Also in Salt Lake and looking at 2005-2006 Tundra DC's to replace a 2001 XJ. Pretty sure I know some of your buddies that work at Backcountry.

seanpistol

Explorer
I have an Archive Garage shackle flip kit, a 3-pack progressive AAL, 10" stroke Fox shocks, and Marlin Crawler u-bolt flip :D

Who do you know at backcountry? I know a handful of people there.

Last edited:

AaronK

Explorer
You seem to have a lot more space between the leaf and the bump stop than bump travel in your shock. Do you ever bottom your shock out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL

Members online