seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
You seem to have a lot more space between the leaf and the bump stop than bump travel in your shock. Do you ever bottom your shock out?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

There are no bump stops in the photo. They need to be welded on and I don't have 220 power at my house yet.

The leafs will hit max droop just before the shocks can.

Adventurous

Explorer
There are no bump stops in the photo. They need to be welded on and I don't have 220 power at my house yet.

The leafs will hit max droop just before the shocks can.

I was going to say, I don't see any bump stops...

And I'm pretty sure he's referring to bottoming out the shock during up-travel. That being said, since there are none in there right now, I'm sure you will space the bump stops accordingly.

jtrue

I have an Archive Garage shackle flip kit, a 3-pack progressive AAL, 10" stroke Fox shocks, and Marlin Crawler u-bolt flip :D

Who do you know at backcountry? I know a handful of people there.

Nice, how does it carry a load? I'd probably want a topper with sleeping platform in the back along with a hitch bike rack that acts as a lever arm, so 50 lbs of bikes is mutliplied.

I know Vinny, Rich, and Dan B. We were randomly chatting about rigs and mentioned your truck, small world.

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice! Those are my friends.

The rear carries the weight better than just the stock springs... I'm curious to see how much it will sag when I throw my snowmobile in the back.

seanpistol

Explorer
I don't know the trails. Last year I did hells revenge and top of the world. Pretty sure I wanna do the trail with the crack and some more easy but long trails.

From what I've heard Golden Crack is part of the Golden Spike trail. It's s a challenging 7+ hour one because you have to do Poison Spider and most of Gold Bar rim, but the Gemini Bridges approach is easy. Those are all trails I haven't done, so I'm into it.

seanpistol

Explorer
A few more photos of the shackle flip...

The stock hangers have to be the most rusty component on my entire truck. Before and after-

Before rock therapy, I am going to throw a slightly longer shackle in the forward hole to try and increase my shackle angle along with droop. Stock shackle in the middle position-

Did some landscaping in my yard yesterday and checked the flex in the rear. The leafs are the far side are just about flat here. I need to trim down the bump stops and weld them onto the top plate of the U-bolt flip kit.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
From what I've heard Golden Crack is part of the Golden Spike trail. It's s a challenging 7+ hour one because you have to do Poison Spider and most of Gold Bar rim, but the Gemini Bridges approach is easy. Those are all trails I haven't done, so I'm into it.

Wow 7hours? Guess we better go early lol.
Last year my friend motor mount busted and didn't get to do top of the world so we probably gonna do that one too.

AaronK

Explorer
What's the difference in ride height with this? My back end needs to go up some but I really don't want to change my spring rate with an AAL

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL