seanpistol's 01 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
What is the easiest way to route a coax cable from the bed into the cab?

I'd say from the plug in the corner of the bed to the plug in the corner of the cab just behind the seat belt retractor. That's how I've run all my wiring anyway. Look between the gap and you can see they run fairly close together.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I'd say from the plug in the corner of the bed to the plug in the corner of the cab just behind the seat belt retractor. That's how I've run all my wiring anyway. Look between the gap and you can see they run fairly close together.

Yup. That's the one I use too.

seanpistol

Explorer
Went down to southern Utah this weekend. My friend's family somehow scored this piece of private property in its own canyon in the middle of Capitol Reef national park. They built a "cabin" surrounded by red rock and the Escalante river runs right through the property. It was pretty unreal. I slept in the new CVT two nights and am liking it more than the Tepui. The stargazer feature is my favorite new thing, but although the materials seem to be similar- the CVT is better designed. The ladder, closure system, the cover... all the small details are improved upon.

This is the only photo I have of the tent popped up-

I woke up in the morning and walked about 50 yards to the Escalante river and threw some flies to little brown trout and native cutthroats-

We hiked to lower Calf Creek falls with the dog and went for a swim. I am fishing this water about 10 miles lower in the previous photo-

On the way home, the sagebrush turned to aspens around 8500'. Pretty wild that this is only a few miles from the cabin and you can see the red rock in the distance.

I'm currently debating how I'm going to re-do my bed rack before I go to Rock Therapy. I made it to the exact dimensions of the Tepui, and I feel that it is now bulkier than it needs to be. I also want it 6" lower. I'd like to do round tubing, but don't have a tube bender and nobody will get back to me about using theirs. It may be rectangular once again... just a little different.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Haha. "Cabin". Bigger than my house lol.

From the looks of your lower arms. I say those 700lbs springs settle some and at 2.15" preload. I have mine at 1.9" and looks to be taller than yours still. Hope mine settles a little lol. Getting good at taking the coilovers out but ****ty thing is I keep adding lock tite lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Truck looks great in its natural habitat!
Fantastic pics! That waterfall is worth a 10 mile hike!

One thing Oregon is missing is drive able roads over 8000'. Not a whole lot of options for us.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
Be glad you got sunshine while you were there! The girlfriend and I got rained out of the slot canyons and our entire Capitol Reef/Escalante trip.

What model CVT did you go with?

Also were those aspens on that weird mountain pass before Boulder? We were so confused when we were driving through there.

seanpistol

Explorer
We wanted to do a slot canyon Sunday, but with thunderstorms in the forecast we went to a nice breakfast at Hell's Backbone Cafe in Boulder. Me and Oprah recommend that spot. Yes, the dead aspens are where you are thinking of!

I have the Mt. Cayley. It's a two person tent with the overhang and annex. With the tent being low, I wanted the annex more to have a spot for my dog to sleep and a place to put a Mr. Buddy heater on a crate. I added the stargazer option to the tent.

rickashay

Explorer
Rig is looking good Sean! Glad your keeping it and out using it. Jelly of your trip to Rock Therapy, I'm scrounging for ways to convince work to let me go!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Wheeler's sells them as a set for $72.50 + ~$15 for the banjo bolts. Not a bad deal. They also come with the line brackets.

TF-Bline-07X.jpg

1st gen taco front brake lines is all I need from wheelers or do I need to pick up a banjo bolt as well? If so. Do you know which one? Thank you.

rickashay

Explorer
I have the wheelers kit and no issues to report. I think Sean has the earlier Tundra calipers so the clearance might be slightly different. I'm running the original connectors with the wheelers lines above and it has been all good for the last 30,000kms since installed.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I have the wheelers kit and no issues to report. I think Sean has the earlier Tundra calipers so the clearance might be slightly different. I'm running the original connectors with the wheelers lines above and it has been all good for the last 30,000kms since installed.

I have an 04 like you so we should have the same brake system. I did check and I do have 13WL. Did the wheelers kit replace the hardline and some of the rubber line from caliber up? can you snap a photo of yours ? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL

Members online