seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
Which LT kit did you end up choosing? I think I missed it earlier, for some reason I want to say SOLO but I am not sure.

You are correct. Solo's 14" 4wd long travel kit, 3.5" wider per side. I gave them a call a couple days ago to find out what the status is- everything is powdercoated and in a box to ship this week. From here on out all the Tundra kits will have heimed uppers, mine is in the first batch to have it. 8" King coilovers with 18" 700 lb springs and custom valving are also done and shipping.

I don't think I missed it, but what did you end up doing with the washer res?

Nothing yet. I am going to relocate it to the engine bay with a home made reservoir when the long travel goes on.

My roommate said my wheels showed up at the house and sent me some photos. Along with the long travel kit, I placed the order before Thanksgiving. Apparently Method has been backordered on beadlocks for a while. Good thing I haven't been in a rush.

I'm really looking forward to beadlocks.

Also, I pretty much had everything necessary to convert to manual locking hubs fall into my lap. I'm still debating if I want to do it or not. Since I "locked" the shift fork in my front actuator in 4wd, by MPG has gone down a couple MPG. It would eliminate drag and get my mileage back, and it would allow me to unlock the hubs and get home if I broke a front ring/pinion on the trail. With ADD hubs and a broke ring/pinion, you'd have to pull the diff, gut it, reinstall, and reinstall the CV because the CV holds the the hub together. But on the flipside, the manual CVs are weaker due to a smaller outer joint and less splines.

While continuing to read about 37s I came across a super cool build if anyone wants to browse through the whole 4 pages of it. Guy converted to 4x4 with a twin traction beam Dana 50 front axle with 22" of travel and a SUA 14-bolt rear. He goes fast and did the Rubicon, pretty sure I'm not just biased to think this is a cool truck just because of his wheel choice...... it's a unique. But holy fab work!

http://www.socaltundras.com/Forums/showthread.php?9025-Truckstache-Build

9db200e65073cc3a529346cf6dba03de.jpg

0e344e1e8d3d126ea8a033c4ac3158d2.jpg

76ca31ca2f36d47ba80690d6becce97d.jpg

2ba155df76903c76959a2a0a7798148e.jpg

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Does anyone see any reason the Archive Garage Shackle Flip Kit wouldn't work on a Double Cab?

Thanks

It should work. Is it advertised only for AC? The DC and AC share the same rear bumper so it should be the same frame design on the *** end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
No it doesn't, I just wanted to make sure. I thought the AC and DC had different bumpers/ at least different clearance when I was looking into it... I could be wrong.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
No it doesn't, I just wanted to make sure. I thought the AC and DC had different bumpers/ at least different clearance when I was looking into it... I could be wrong.

Nah the rear is the Same bumper. I sold my old AC bumper to a DC tundra and he never called back to say it didn't fit. Also the armor brute force Fab makes for the rear is the same for AC and DC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
While continuing to read about 37s I came across a super cool build if anyone wants to browse through the whole 4 pages of it. Guy converted to 4x4 with a twin traction beam Dana 50 front axle with 22" of travel and a SUA 14-bolt rear. He goes fast and did the Rubicon, pretty sure I'm not just biased to think this is a cool truck just because of his wheel choice...... it's a unique. But holy fab work!

http://www.socaltundras.com/Forums/showthread.php?9025-Truckstache-Build

Saw a similar build before. Professionally done, 20" up front, 23" in the rear. Would love to see a build thread on this one.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1002or-2004-toyota-tundra-the-master-plan/

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I looked through but could not find the posts about the manual transfer case swap.

What was the reason you did it? Was it very difficult? Was it worth it in the end?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk