Series Rover Hunting.

LtFuzz

Explorer
Check out Dr Aaron @ RoversOutEast

He deals mostly in budget D90s but has the occasional Series. No experience personally but his trucks get mixed reviews (as in many positive, some negative) so do your due dilligence.

Dale has a sweatshop of eBay and CraigsList monkeys under his employ (or so it seems) so always check in with him when buying any kind of Rover, lol

D90.com classifieds has Series. There was a GORGEOUS SIII on there recently with a Cummins swap. Out of your price range but keep on eye on that site.

Wander

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure if you've found this site yet but blue ridge rover works in Asheville always has running series trucks. He also has fully restored show pieces but there are usually some mild project trucks that can be driven and enjoyed as you go. Sean Jones is the contact. www.blueridgeroverworks.com

Skookumchuck

Observer
I just picked up a 68 Series IIA with a Mercedes 4 cylinder diesel in it the frame is shot and the door bottoms all need replacement, but it only cost $300.00. I was getting it for the spare trany and diffs. If you want it you can have it, it will be completely disa ssembled so it is a good start for a resto.

roadsiderob

http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?21-72-88-iia-for-sale

I know of a couple that may be for sale in NM. One for sure in the east Mtns as linked above. The other belongs to an employee of mine. It is a soft top 88 with a rebuilt engine that runs well. He has been kicking around the idea of selling it to fund the buildout of his 109 ambulance camper project. I'll talk to him more when he comes back from his deer hunt next week.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven