Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

colotaco

Adventurer
wmflyfisher said:
Might as well add to the mix!

DSC01900.jpg

wmflyfisher,
Can you give us a quick rundown of your rig?

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
wmflyfisher, nice truck. I see you've got WY plates. County 11, is that Lusk?

Did you just move to Athens?

I used to live in Kemmerer (Lincoln county) and then Augusta Ga.

Heres mine. More or less stock for now.

DSC01787.jpg

campinghotsprings.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

If you look closely you can see WY cowboy :26_7_2:

wmflyfisher

Observer
colotaco said:
wmflyfisher,
Can you give us a quick rundown of your rig?

Sure man! As soon as I get a chance I will. Gotta run to work right now.

Max, No I've never lived in WY but I've been there a few times. I wish I lived there. Very cool to say the least!

MandAtaco

Observer
I've been reading on here for a while now and figured it may be time to introduce myself and become a contributing member to the board. There are a lot of great people and knowledge here and I look forward to enjoying it more now!

The wife and I drive a 2001 Taco Ex-Cab, and we LOVE it!

image016.jpg

The engine is stock except for the deck plate. I left that so I can later add a snorkel. Tranny is an auto and also stock. From there I've added a marlin Crawler (taco Supreme, 4.7:1) crawler attached to the the Stock T-case, and clocked 20deg. Front and rear axle's are stock but have been regeared to 4.56's. Tire's and wheels are Black steelies wrapped in 33x12.50 Bighorn tires.

Front suspension consists of DR coil overs and Camburg upper arms. The rear is comprised of a deaver 8 pack and 5150 shocks. I've also replaced the shackles and main Eye bolt in the rear, with greaseable units from OME, and topped the entire truck off with with a 1" Roger Brown Body Lift.
ARB takes care of the protection for the front, then the sliders, rear bumper, and skids were all custom built by myself.

Some other things on the truck are
Mile Marker 9000# winch with syn line,
KC 8inch HID lights,
OBA via Puma compressor,
Tool box full of stuff,
5 gal water and gas storage,
CB and 2meter communications,
and my favorite mod!--- the Dixie horn! Totally un needed but fun all the same!

Sorry for the poser shots, but this thing is ever evolving and these are the most current pics I have.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

We love to camp, explore and wheel, so I think this is a good home for us. We've been to Moab, Rubicon, Calico, Big Bear, and a bunch of other places, so we hope to meet some of you guys soon, and see you out on the trail!

Mike

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/nevada4wheelin/
www.mandreashaffer.com

CYi5

Explorer
Mike, i'm running nearly the same setup as you in most aspects. How are you liking the crawler box? I'm considering one in the future, i'm sure it's night and day!

Winky

Adventurer
Ric said:
can I play ? lol
IMG_1503copy.jpg

IMG_1390copy.jpg

What kind of bumper is that? I am looking for something like that for my Taco. It isn't as BULKY the ARB. I bought an '02 Tacoma 2 weeks ago and your truck gave me my first bit of buyers remorse. I love the my truck, but that is a great setp up on your 4Runner.:26_7_2: .

Josh

edit:spelling and to say no offence meant to ARB owners, it's just not my favorite.

Last edited:

Ric

Adventurer
Josh,
thanks, the bumpers are from armorology.com they do custom work, located in colorado springs, co.

MandAtaco

Observer
CYi5 said:
Mike, i'm running nearly the same setup as you in most aspects. How are you liking the crawler box? I'm considering one in the future, i'm sure it's night and day!

I love it! It gives just the right amount of control over the rocks. The only remorse I have is that I lost a cup holder for the shifter. :(

Mike

wmflyfisher

Observer
Winky said:
What kind of bumper is that? I am looking for something like that for my Taco.

Yep, thats a Armorology bumper and their bad as hell!! You won't get one either unless you live near Colorado. He builds them in house and won't ship. Trust me, I tried many times to get one!!

Ric

Adventurer
wmflyfisher said:
Yep, thats a Armorology bumper and their bad as hell!! You won't get one either unless you live near Colorado. He builds them in house and won't ship. Trust me, I tried many times to get one!!

yeppers, he does build them in house, to your vehicle, this is what they call "custom" :D I do have a friend that drove in from Kansas City, Kansas (overlandpark) to get both front and rear bumpers done. heres his link http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=2411.msg24090
Im very happy with mine, after years of abuse, :D

Isgro

My name's Matt. I'm 25 years old and live in Worcester, MA. I work as print production coordinator on the catalogs for a large Massachusetts based corporation. I've been in and out of the four wheeling hobby for the past 8 years or so. I've always wanted an expedition style rig and found a base-rig that I liked back in November.It's an '86 Toyota 4Runner SR5, Black, with 237,000 and change on the chasis. Its originally a Colorado truck and has no frame issues whatsoever. There's still even some paint on there. The body is solid, though it was dragged across some rocks by the PO, so it doesn't look too pretty. I'm going to clean up the surface rust, etc come spring time. Here's a list of the specs...

- 5 speed manual
- Engine is a 22R short block, 22RE top end
- Marlin Crawler dual transfer case setup on Budbuilt cross member
- Lock Rite in rear axle, rear disc brake conversion
- Alcan rear springs, after market shackles and Rancho shocks
- 33x10.5x15 Swamper TSL radials
- 2" body lift, gas tank lifted
- Custom bumpers and rock sliders with winch receiver mounts front and rear
- 8000# Warn winch with winch rope, modular plugs front and rear
- PIAA driving lights front and rear
- Allpro Offroad t-case mounted e-brake
- Interior stripped and Herculined
- Yakima Load Warrior roof rack with center extension

I need to do some things to get her running right again. I just installed a new alternator and battery. The rear axles seals leak as do both of the pinions. I have a small coolant leak that I need to figure out and the grounds seem to need to be cleaned up as my winch plugs/switch are being difficult. Hopefully I can get this all resolved sooner than later. I need new synthetic winch rope as the stuff thats on the winch at the moment is worn a bit more than I am comfortable with (I had it snap on me last time I used). I plan on cleaning the truck up a bit and making additions that will push it more towards an expedition type vehicle (storage, appropriate supplies, radios, etc). I'd like to get the truck up on 35" tires at some point and in a perfect world I'd swap in a solid front axle, but that's not in the cards financially at the moment. I am about to start fabricating some half doors with soft uppers that I'll be able to run during the warmer months. I'll try to post those up as I make them.

It looks like you folks have a great site here and I look forward to looking around and absorbing all the info and experiences that you're sharing.

Here are a few pics. Nothing from on the trails yet...
DSC01331.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Painted my wheels yesterday, and decided to clean the truck since the weather here has been beautiful for past few days.....so that means poser shots.

SS100286.jpg

SS100284.jpg

SS100283.jpg

SS100280.jpg

SS100278.jpg

SS100277.jpg

~James :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother