Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

haddix

Adventurer
Driveway pic, installing the arb

6ce7b9f3.jpg

AlexJet

Explorer
Jason, those are factory, 15x6 Toyota steel wheels. They were an upgrade on solid-front-axle 4WD trucks and 4runners up to and including 1985 (standard on SR5) and were standard issue on FJ-60 and FJ-62 (and maybe some 40 and 45) Land Cruisers. They were available in white or chrome. I found a set of the chrome ones on Craigslist and really like them--they're tough and true and they clean up nicely with aluminum foil and water (don't do that to the painted ones though). I've toyed with the idea of painting them white but can't bring myself to do it. I do like them in white.

They'll fit on IFS trucks as well, but they have 3.5" backspacing instead of 4.5", so they might increase the track width a bit. They're narrow, so about a 10.50" section width is as wide a tire as you want to put on them. They work great with 235/75R15, 30x9.50R15 or 33x9.50R15 tire sizes. They originally came with 225/75R15 tires.

Really nice trucks, NorthernWoodsman.

Sorry for slightly off-topic, but how do you clean chrome wheels with aluminum foil and water? Never heard of this method.

rafter6

Well, I post here occasionally and I'm always in here looking around at all of the inspiring vehicles, but I've never shared my truck. So, here goes. I don't take many photos of "Loretta" so it was difficult to find something to post.

Photo #1: A few months after I bought it.

94Toyota-December2010.jpg

Photo #2: How she sits today (yes, total poser shot, but I live on an island and have no opportunities to get out these days).

94Toyota-July2012-10.jpg

And just for fun, my old truck: 1985 Toyota Hilux Deluxe, 22R, Longbed, Solid Front Axle, 152,000 when purchased and 205,000 when sold. I miss this truck a lot.

DSCN0231.jpg

I really like your pickup. Looks good, and very clean/straight. Im jealous! Glad someone else drives a pickup like me!

H2O_Doc

Adventurer
I've been largely absent for a while and when I last checked in, I THINK I was still in an Xterra Off-Road. Anyway, times change:
60e7d110-5be1-fdb9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3