Side-mount Jerry can holders

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Don't you also make a jerry can mount that attaches to the spare tire? I happen to recognize you from Wrangler Forum:elkgrin:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Don't you also make a jerry can mount that attaches to the spare tire? I happen to recognize you from Wrangler Forum:elkgrin:
If by "make" you mean do I "manufacture and sell" a jerry can mount that attaches to the spare, no, I don't manufacture or sell anything. But yes, I did design the one you're referring to - I design things like this as a hobby, and sometimes companies like the designs enough to bring them to market. But I'm not an employee of any of those companies, this is just a hobby for me.

jeff

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
If by "make" you mean do I "manufacture and sell" a jerry can mount that attaches to the spare, no, I don't manufacture or sell anything. But yes, I did design the one you're referring to - I design things like this as a hobby, and sometimes companies like the designs enough to bring them to market. But I'm not an employee of any of those companies, this is just a hobby for me.

jeff

Yes that's what I meant:)

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few photos people on various forums after they installed their JK side mounts...

attachment.php

Op04PMMl.jpg

tumblr_nuf5jtbc2X1tuer8po1_r1_1280.jpg

161164834.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
Looks good Omar...although I'm afraid to move mine there since it may whack my windshield in heavy foliage areas. Mine is on the rear carrier at the moment.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Looks good Omar...although I'm afraid to move mine there since it may whack my windshield in heavy foliage areas. Mine is on the rear carrier at the moment.

Does your factory radio antenna whack the windshield? It's in the same location on the other side. Maybe without the antenna spring Omar used it would be better for you?

bluehash

Adventurer
Just a concern I noticed since the CB antenna is longer, stronger and holds much more inertia with the spring.
Not a big deal. It highly depends on the terrain and foliage too. I might try it. I already have mine mounted on the rear wheel before I got the side mount can holders, which are working great btw. :)

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've been experimenting with ways to mount jerry cans or ammo cans on the tailgate hinges. I made up some brackets that bolt to the hinges.

HingeMountJerry13_zps5cazjypd.jpg

But on the TJ here isn't really enough room between the spare and the tail light. Same brackets bolted to the TJ hinges:

JerryCanLow_zps0bnie2fc.jpg

The brackets can be turned around and mounted to raise the mounting point above the hinges, which provides space for a jerry can on the TJ.

JerryCanHigh_zps2vltyho9.jpg

AmmoCanHigh_zpszt5wy9lu.jpg

These aren't final brackets, they're still an experiment to see if this mounting position makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman

Members online