Side-mount Jerry can holders

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Howdy

I am from Sweden and Iam trying to find a company in US that sell the jerrycan holder. I contacted Extreme Terrain and they dont ship Internationally and they dont have that product. It doesnt seems like www.quadratec.com, www.4wd.com or http://www.cseoffroad.com/ sell Morryde products. I almost wished Rugged Ridge made this product because there are shops here in Sweden that sell theres products. Maybe I have to wait for the big companies that ship internationally to get this product, but what company. I have contacted Morryde and I will see what they say if they can send me the product. I think it is the coolest product ever, a real jeep needs a jerry can on the outside:)

bluehash

Adventurer
Howdy

I am from Sweden and Iam trying to find a company in US that sell the jerrycan holder. I contacted Extreme Terrain and they dont ship Internationally and they dont have that product. It doesnt seems like www.quadratec.com, www.4wd.com or http://www.cseoffroad.com/ sell Morryde products. I almost wished Rugged Ridge made this product because there are shops here in Sweden that sell theres products. Maybe I have to wait for the big companies that ship internationally to get this product, but what company. I have contacted Morryde and I will see what they say if they can send me the product. I think it is the coolest product ever, a real jeep needs a jerry can on the outside:)

Maybe I can help if they forward it to me and I ship to you.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Howdy

I believe MORryde is able to ship overseas, a few weeks ago I'm pretty sure they shipped some products to a person in Germany. If they don't get back to you let me know and I'll make sure they contact you.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Thanks Guys

A seller from Morryde is going to check freight rates for me tomorrow, stay tuned

My water can, badly photoshopped

159953378.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader

Good point, I'll suggest they add it to the list of features.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, there's a hole in the top of the mounting bracket that's intended to be used for a CB antenna. A CB antenna is installed in this photo. This is on the driver's side; the same hole exists in the passenger bracket, but on that side the factory radio antenna passes through the hole.

JKSideMountJerry2_zpsr1xozgwj.jpg

The holes on both sides are in the same location, so it sort-of gives you a "twin trucker" antenna look :).

bluehash

Adventurer
Hi Jscherb,

I just received mine. Good build and quality!
However, I was going to mount mine when I noticed that my gobi rack front mount sits at the same place where the jeery can shelf mounts on the (A?) pillar. Is it ok if I mount it over the gobi. I doubt I can place it under it, the rack sits pretty tight. Any ideas would help.

Imm9zUR.jpg

U0cK73t.jpg

Thanks!

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Good point, I'll suggest they add it to the list of features.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, there's a hole in the top of the mounting bracket that's intended to be used for a CB antenna. A CB antenna is installed in this photo. This is on the driver's side; the same hole exists in the passenger bracket, but on that side the factory radio antenna passes through the hole.

JKSideMountJerry2_zpsr1xozgwj.jpg

The holes on both sides are in the same location, so it sort-of gives you a "twin trucker" antenna look :).

Thanks

Now I know there is a hole and if I want to ad a CB antenna like this for instance http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Foot-Fibe...na-USA-MADE-/191632900372?hash=item2c9e360114 what mount (bracket?) do I need to secure the anteena in place in the hole. I have to confece that I maybe only get the anteena for the cool look and maybe later get a radio for it. I dont know nothing about CB stuff

A already have this cool CB radio Antenna X on the passenger side with a HD spring, and I love that look. Also if I get the Jerry can holder it is also much for the look, and I will place my Watertank there. It aint a Jeep if it do not have a outside jerrycan, coolest thing ever:victory:

I do like anteenas, looks more military:drool:

153034816.jpg

153540372.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Now I know there is a hole and if I want to ad a CB antenna like this for instance http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Foot-Fibe...na-USA-MADE-/191632900372?hash=item2c9e360114 what mount (bracket?) do I need to secure the anteena in place in the hole. I have to confece that I maybe only get the anteena for the cool look and maybe later get a radio for it. I dont know nothing about CB stuff

The side mount brackets have 1/2" holes in them - on the driver's side for mounting a CB antenna, on the passenger side for the factory radio antenna to pass through. A 1/2" hole will accept a standard CB antenna stud mount. Here's one: https://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWE...unt+Assembly+Heavy-Duty+3/8"+SO-239+Connector

l31899.jpg

The tailgate hinge mount Rotopax carrier also has a hole for a CB antenna, here's a photo of a CB mount stud installed in the Rotopax mount:

HingeMountRotopaxCB_zpsgikhs41h.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hi Jscherb,

I just received mine. Good build and quality!
However, I was going to mount mine when I noticed that my gobi rack front mount sits at the same place where the jeery can shelf mounts on the (A?) pillar. Is it ok if I mount it over the gobi. I doubt I can place it under it, the rack sits pretty tight. Any ideas would help.

Imm9zUR.jpg

U0cK73t.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to mount it right over the Gobi bracket without any problems.

bluehash

Adventurer
Just a few pics to show how it looks. I have both the driver's and passenger's side. However, the black was too distracting, so I sprayed two coats of Rustoleum Oregano to match the Jeep's commando green color. It is on the lighter side, but enough to show that there is a mount present. I wanted to try out the driver's side first followed by the passenger's side.

Below are pics with different cans - 20L Scepter, 10L NATO Gas can and a .50cal ammo can. The big 20L has to be mounted as shown with spout pointing to the front. Placing it the on other side will hit the mirror when the door is full open.

The mount doubles up as a place to hold tools too when working under the hood.

Also.. I took out the trail badge to place on the mount.

bRdnbx4l.jpg

Op04PMMl.jpg

byppUx2l.jpg

7UT1xRPl.jpg

ORt5ySdl.jpg

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Looks great!! Another fantastic design. Do we know who will be retailing these?

Thank you. I believe they've been released and are in the process of being shipped to retailers now, so they should show up on a few retailers web sites within the next few weeks. A few people have bought them direct from the manufacturer already because they didn't want to wait for them to get to retailers.

bluehash

Adventurer
Thank you. I believe they've been released and are in the process of being shipped to retailers now, so they should show up on a few retailers web sites within the next few weeks. A few people have bought them direct from the manufacturer already because they didn't want to wait for them to get to retailers.

Yes.. I was too impatient. :(

Jscherb... if you ever can incorporate it into the design.. it would be nice if the base plate lifted up(hinged) when not in use.
Maybe when overlanding or offroading.. these could be folded up during certain moves. For now, I'm very happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal