Since we are doing intros!!

Tyler Wirken

Hi there-

Been lurking here for a while also. My name is Tyler Wirken from Kansas City, Mo. Been really impressed with this board and am excited to contribute in the future.

A bit of background on me. I have been around Rovers since I was 16- now 32. I know some people on this board. Nathan at Pangaea, and Graham for instance. Went on the Africa trip with Pangaea and got really hooked on having a 110 and pursing more expedition oriented trips.

I am a wedding photojournalist by trade and heavily addicted to Rovers.

We own a 1969 IIA 88", and a 1997 LE D-90 SW. Reason for finding this forum through Nathan and Graham is for inspiration for my current project and my migration away from rock-crawling to more expedition use for the Rover. Not that I am totally giving up trail running, just not as much.

I am currently in the process of converting my 90 to a 110. I have always loved 110's and now with a 2 year old and 6 week old son, I need to make more room in the Rover for future adventures. Thus the reason for the conversion.

I will post more on my plans, but wanted to drop in and say hello.

The project is taking off really well as I just acquired a 1986 or 87 110 parts car for a good price and am planning on using the frame, top and rear tub off of it. The rest of the truck will be built using all of my 90 parts.

Should be interesting. I have also acquired a great set of middle doors and a full NAS 110 external cage for it.

I have uploaded some images of my truck before the tear down and of the 110 as I bought it and as it sits now.

Anyway, looking forward to being able to share progress and bounce ideas off the folks here.

Thanks

Tyler

www.wirkenphoto.com

Last edited:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Welcome Aboard Tyler! :beer: A big welcome from LE #172, long live the Willow Green:)

You are seriously living my dream regarding the 90 to 110 conversion as I'm facing the same dilema with my growing family. Are you doing the work yourself? Did you find the 110 donor stateside or was she shipped over? Are you going to keep the Willow Green? So many Q's...:jumping:

gjackson

FRGS
Hey Tyler! Welcome to the site, good to have you here. Keep us posted on the build. What motor are you planning for the 110?

cheers

tikicar

Welcome Tyler from another new guy. Your project looks great and you look like you have a great garage to do the job. A friend of mine has the 3 door converted NAS 110 doormobile camper that ECR did a few years ago. It is an amazing truck. It is now an automatic with a newer rover diesel in it since they did the work years ago. The only people who don't dream of a 110 already own one. Scott 97XD

Overland Hadley said:
The photography on your website is good. How long have you been in business?

Yes, very nice website and wonderful images. If you lived in CT, I would hire you for our wedding next year, but no go.

Welcome to Expo, you will love it here.

Adventurer
LOL...I was noticing in the last picture...the frame has no engine on it and it STILL leaks..haha

Just messin!

Welcome to the board! :wavey:

revor

Explorer
Welcome aboard Tyler!!

I too have the need to move from extreme wheeling to overlanding (which can challenge you even more) Kids, Dogs, the kitchen sink... Just won't fit in a Buggy!

Tyler Wirken

Wow! Thanks for the great welcome! I am very excited to be here.

This is a pretty large project, but not to terrible in my opinion.

Andrew- Nice to see another LE owner here. Mine is 233/300. I bought the truck after it was rebuilt after a rollover, so it was never perfect but you would not know it unless you looked really close! Yeah I decided on doing this project because I needed/wanted a 110,but I did not want an NAS one as there are things about them I do not like, and I do not have the cash to sell my truck and try and buy an NAS 110 and make it want I want. Plus I just can not bare the idea of watching my truck drive away with another owner behind the wheel!

This way I still have most of my truck and I get a perfect 110. As of now I am planning on keeping it willow green, but I also have a desire to paint it Bonatti grey. I love that color and the set of middle doors I have are already that color. Most likely I will keep it willow green as I do not want to take the entire bulkhead apart to repaint. However, I am thinking I might paint the top willow green as well. Not sure I like a 110 roof white. We will see. Any thoughts on that guys?

Graham- as for now I am just going to the stock 4.0 back in it as I would love a 300 but cash is an issue and my motor is fine.

Nathanael- thanks! I have been shooting hardcore since 1997. Working as a photojournalist for a few papers and have had my business for about 5 years now.

Phil- Thanks! By the way we travel anywhere!!!!!! Good luck with your wedding. Let me know if you need help finding someone out there. I know alot of shooters.

Keith- Glad to hear i am not the only one! Congrats on your new 110! I saw that thread. Pretty sweet.

Keith Armstrong. Thanks man! Glad to see you are here also. We need to get a midwest Rover outing going again soon!

I will keep you all updated as I go along. First thing is to get everything off the frame and tackle finishing the rear x-member replacement that the PO did not finish.

Later

Tyler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3