Since we are doing intros!!

revor

Explorer
I'd go willow green with the white roof.. It's such a classic look! But then being a Series owner... Well you get it..

I thought about going the "roll your own" 110 the way you and many others have but I simply don't have the time these days.. In thought though some of the mods to this truck will have me tearing it apart anyway so maybe I should have.... WAIT!!!! Don't go there keith!

Tyler Wirken said:
Phil- Thanks! By the way we travel anywhere!!!!!! Good luck with your wedding. Let me know if you need help finding someone out there. I know alot of shooters.

Thanks for the good luck. Yeah we found a decent photographer for our budget. I love your style though. Your in great company on this forum. A lot of Photographers and budding Photographers.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Welcome Tyler and congratulations! Sounds like a fun project to me. You should also join D-90.com if you haven't yet, as it is a great source of info for Defender owners.

What kind of seats do you have for your middle row? I have the NAS 60/40 split and would rather have the 3 folding seats, but can't source them locally. Where did you get your donor?

Tyler Wirken

Streakerfreak said:
Thanks for the good luck. Yeah we found a decent photographer for our budget. I love your style though. Your in great company on this forum. A lot of Photographers and budding Photographers.

Great! I am sure it will be all good. So there are alot of shooters on here huh? IF so speak up. What kind of stuff does everyone do? I think Mike Slade is on here, and I know he shoots- very well I might add.

Tyler

Tyler Wirken

overlander said:
Welcome Tyler and congratulations! Sounds like a fun project to me. You should also join D-90.com if you haven't yet, as it is a great source of info for Defender owners.

What kind of seats do you have for your middle row? I have the NAS 60/40 split and would rather have the 3 folding seats, but can't source them locally. Where did you get your donor?

As of now I have the old 1986 or so bench seat for the middle row. I am not sure what I am going to do for seats. I might keep the seat I have and just recover it or I might look for a seat like you have. I actually would love to do what Jesse Ware did to his truck buy putting a fridge in the middle and having two little seats on the outside. I might be able to take the bench seat and cut it up and do that. But that is waaaaaay down the road.

Oh yeah I am on D-90. Been on there for years but just recently got back on when I started this project.

I got the donor 110 of off ebay actually, for a great price in my opinion. It is not perfect but it has pretty much all the major parts I need. Rear tub-needs a bit of restoration, roof, roof sides, frame, rear floor board, and kick panel are pretty good shape Just a few holes to fill here and there. Also the brackets and such needed to attach the tub etc... All the parts I think would be hard to find. The guy who had before me started building some decent sliders for it so that is cool. He also bought OME springs for it and cleaned up the rear salisbury axle pretty good. I will need to convert to disc brakes and install 4:10's and a locker though. The truck was down in Atlanta and worth it for what I paid for it. On that note I have a ton of parts off of it up for sale soon if you are all looking for stuff let me know.

Hey on that note has anyone ever removed the roof ribs off of a an older series roof or 110 or 90 roof? I do not mind the ribs on there but they are going to be in the way of the exo cage. So I am trying to get a feel how to handle that. I can either drill out all the spot welds and fill them, or modify the cage to clear them, or cut the ribs to make clearance. Not sure what is best at this point. Again I have a ton to do before then.

Thanks for the thought on the paint Keith. I tend to feel the same way but just am not sure yet. There is photo of a willow green 110 with a white roof on Big Sky rovers site and I like the look of it, but something is kind of off about it. Not sure what, I just worry that the white roof with a black cage sticks out to much. It looked fine on my 90 so I guess it should look fine on a 110.

Well see.

Later

TYler

overlander

Expedition Leader
Tyler Wirken said:
I actually would love to do what Jesse Ware did to his truck buy putting a fridge in the middle and having two little seats on the outside.

That's exactly what I have planned.

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
So you're the one that bought that 110 in Atlanta.
Some of us that are local have known about that truck for a couple of months but no one took it home. If I wasn't in the middle of building another workshop you wouldn't have had a chance :) .
Good luck with the build and I'm curious to see what you're going to sell off the 110.
Mike

Tyler Wirken

d110pickup said:
So you're the one that bought that 110 in Atlanta.
Some of us that are local have known about that truck for a couple of months but no one took it home. If I wasn't in the middle of building another workshop you wouldn't have had a chance :) .
Good luck with the build and I'm curious to see what you're going to sell off the 110.
Mike

Yeah Mike that was me. I was wondering when someone was going to say they knew about that truck. I gotta say I am glad to hear you would of bought it! I was always wondering why someone did not pick it up. For what I am doing it was quite perfect.

I will be posting what I have for sale soon. In the image I included of it in the garage, that is pretty much all I am keeping minus the bulkhead and windscreen, those and all the other body panles, and complete front axle, and wheels and tires are for sale. So almost 80% of the truck!

Tyler

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
welcome to the site,

and I'm astounded to see a landrover without and engine and gearbox still manages to mark its territory with oily splodges

Tyler Wirken

UK4X4 said:
welcome to the site,

and I'm astounded to see a landrover without and engine and gearbox still manages to mark its territory with oily splodges

You are the second one to make that observation. Those spills would be the contribution of our 69' Series IIA, 1960 mini, 1963 Austin Healey MKII, and our 1954 Austin Healey 100-4. Oh and not to forget my 90. One of these days we are going to get some custom drip pans made!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3