Snow Peak BBQ Box

hochung

Adventurer
I just ask because I can't see how you can do any decent grilling with 8 briquets of charcoal. I image-googled for Cobb Premier, and all I see are pics of a golden brown chicken with veggies. Looks like they bought the Costco rotisserie chicken and put it in there for pictures.

Does it really work for any decent grilling? or is this more like an oven?

Cuz the IGT bbq box isn't an oven. And it won't do chicken like that. In which case, the IGT bbq box should be in your future. :)

cactusjk

Explorer
It is a good oven and will cook just about everything. It takes a while and you essentially get no charcoal taste. I think the BBQ box would be a better overall BBQ for grilling.

I just ask because I can't see how you can do any decent grilling with 8 briquets of charcoal. I image-googled for Cobb Premier, and all I see are pics of a golden brown chicken with veggies. Looks like they bought the Costco rotisserie chicken and put it in there for pictures.

Does it really work for any decent grilling? or is this more like an oven?

Cuz the IGT bbq box isn't an oven. And it won't do chicken like that. In which case, the IGT bbq box should be in your future. :)

hochung

Adventurer
I think the BBQ box would be a better overall BBQ for grilling.

I think so too. Feel the charcoal love:

rr7004%20068.jpg

I think I've posted these before, but here they go again:

L1050810.JPG

igtshrimp02.jpg

rr7004%20064.jpg

Natrally-0269r.jpg

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
While on the subject of the Snow Peak BBQ: If any of you also travel with a tripod it makes a super stand for the Snow Peak adding flexibility and saving typical table space.

That looks interesting, but I don't think I could do that to my $900 Gitzo/ $400 ball head.

Did you mount a quick release plate to the base of the grill? ;)

Last edited:

hochung

Adventurer
Ho, what cut of meat is that?

The last picture shows skirt steak. The one before that is boneless short ribs.

Another question:

Can you put the BBQ box on a table such as a roll-a-table or does it get too hot?

I guess it depends on the type of roll-a-table. If it's the all aluminum type,

memorial2%20014.jpg

then you are fine. I've seen some plastic/vinyl coated ones, and there, I don't know if they would take the heat. It doesn't get that hot, but might be hot enough to warp the plastic parts. I've used my IGT box on my backyard glass top table for a while before I upgraded to the whole Iron Grill Table system. And the glass top never complained.

chasingdreams

Adventurer
mmm did someone say BBQ?:sombrero:

I have a cast iron hibatchi that I'm pretty darn fond of.... It gets fired up every trip!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
That looks interesting, but I don't think I could do that to my $900 Gitzo/ $400 ball head.

Did you mount a quick release plate to the base of the grill? ;)

Yep. I had everything anyway...so it was "just" another $50 for the dovetail and a couple bolts :). One of a couple non-camera uses that extend the 'value' of my tripod.

Sawyer

Adventurer
While on the subject of the Snow Peak BBQ: If any of you also travel with a tripod it makes a super stand for the Snow Peak adding flexibility and saving typical table space.

Spresso... We need more details of how you mounted this....:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater