Snow Peak BBQ Box

dzzz

I'm pretty sure that spending $300 on gear to light charcoal was what began the decline of the Roman Empire.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Snow Peak BBQ Grill Regular $180.00, got it as a new in box return for $94.75= Priceless:)

I actually prefer the taste of charcoal and that the Snow Peak BBQ will pack into my extra pelican.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Snow Peak BBQ Grill Regular $180.00, got it as a new in box return for $94.75= Priceless:)

I actually prefer the taste of charcoal and that the Snow Peak BBQ will pack into my extra pelican.

I too think you can't beat charcoal on taste. The Snow peak is one of those things you have to own/use to really appreciate.

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
I thought of that and have several of those torches for work but wanted to keep the fuel bottles the same... plus less weight and more room. Besides I am not mechanically handy enough yet to repair anything in the field that would require the heat of mapps gas vs. what I can get from the snowpeak torch.:sombrero:

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Just got my new Snow Peak Long Single movement table and Snow Peak BBQ Grill in!! I cannot believe the quality of the table and grill, if I had known I'd bought them years ago!!! The table is a complete surprise since I couldn't find much information on them.

Just saying Kudos to Snow Peak for building some really cool and well made equipment.

cactusjk

Explorer
Is there a problem just using Kingsford charcoal pretreated with lighter fluid?

Since my Snowpeak BBQ grill will be here shortly I'm wondering what kind of charcoal to use?? What is better than the other, to have lighter fluid already in the charcoal or not?? I didn't order the snowpeak starter thingamadigger, but wondering if I should just to keep things nice and orderly in the pelican case it is all going in?? Your thoughts???

hochung

Adventurer
Kingsford works well:

nr08001%20214.jpg

I like it because it's convenient.

but next time you have one of these going:

memorial%20070.jpg

take a shovel and scoop some of that good stuff into your IGT bbq box. It'll redefine heaven.

cactusjk

Explorer
Do you need to clean the BBQ Box grill after use or just heat the grill up, bush it and start cooking? Looks like it would be hard to clean with the small grate...

spressomon

Expedition Leader
While on the subject of the Snow Peak BBQ: If any of you also travel with a tripod it makes a super stand for the Snow Peak adding flexibility and saving typical table space.

Attachments

• Snow Peak BBQ on tripod.jpg
    Snow Peak BBQ on tripod.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 184

hochung

Adventurer
Do you need to clean the BBQ Box grill after use or just heat the grill up, bush it and start cooking? Looks like it would be hard to clean with the small grate...

I just brush the grill, and whatever doesn't brush off, I just burn it off.

cactusjk

Explorer
My biggest dilema is I currently have a Cobb Premier but really like the BBQ Box! Maybe there is a place for both? The BBQ Box will probably have a better BBQ flavor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach