So whats the future?

depark

Observer
I have a 2006 E250 with a 2" body lift and a 4" suspension lift for the 4x4. Works just fine.
Cheers
Darryl

IMG_1086-001m.jpg

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I've done a little research and what I have found if that the Lightning supercharger won't fit "under the hood" of a Ford E-Series. But, these supercharged vans above have body lifts because of the wheelchair lifts and dropped floors. The body lift allows enough clearance for the Lightning (or Whipple) supercharger to fit. Chris, would a body lift be feasible on a van with a 4x4 conversion?
I'm pretty sure it would fit without body mods. I'm always amazed at how far below the cowl the top of my v10 intake is, the 5.4 should be the same height or similar. Definitely would require rerouted and relocated air box.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
That Lightning S/C is crazy tall, an aftermarket blower that sits in the valley would be a better choice. I'm not a body lift fan, we won't do them and the only time I think its ok is for a wheelchair lift.

That Lightning S/C is crazy tall, an aftermarket blower that sits in the valley would be a better choice. I'm not a body lift fan, we won't do them and the only time I think its ok is for a wheelchair lift.

one of my friends suggested i put a SC on my van when i had the motor out for a rebuild, a valley mounted charger will easily fit/clear the body, the intake on these vans is super tall with the top mounted throttle body etc (you know this, duh)

anyways, i looked into it, and here in CA, its not emissions compliant, so i didnt. that and the $8k price tag

another_mike

Adventurer
regarding superchargers for the 5.4

Most I see are designed for the 3 valve 5.4.. and my research has told me all the 5.4's in the Vans were 2 valve. So exactly what supercharger would be compatible with the 2v heads?

I see procharger makes one for the 97-03 5.4 2V.. is that one to use? would it fit? I dont have a clue

All the money you'd have in a supercharger could go towards a 6.2L or V10 swap.

yeah, id love a earlier 6bt turbo with mechanical injection pump, but in order to swap an engine in this great state it has to be from at least 1 year newer, and have all the emissions equipment that the donor vehicle had. its insane.

Clutch

<---Pass
Dear Ford. Import the Transit Custom and do it with an AWD. Some of us want a mid-sized option that isn't MB.

Dear VW. Bring the T6 4motion to North America.

That would be nice. Surprised Ford hasn't brought the Custom over, don't think they have a proper mini van in their current line-up.

ccbdc898076f2e152f84ca814074814f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz