Start of my EXPO shell build

SicNick

Observer
Thanks gys, ya it is deffenately my dream rig, will be intercooled at the start of this summer. Im running the panty hose with camp-dry pre filter right now, and would love to go with a snorkel, but these motor require TONS of air.

chasespeed

Explorer
Panty Hose w/ Camp Dry? Oh PLEASE post a pic of this and/or explanation...:D

I cant talk, I am just running a AFE w/ pre-filter for now(it was a freebie).....

Chase

KEENO

Adventurer
Bhaf

From the TDR Days.... I run a BHAF ("Big Honkin' Air Filter") with an Outerwear pre-filter in a custom housing. It's basically a paper Fleetguard (Cummins) Filter for the 16 liter engine nestled nicely in the passenger fender.

No Panty Hose here.... Are they control top?

KEENO:)

Last edited:

chasespeed

Explorer
Look out, buncha 12vs running around... gonna start drag racing everything else when everyone gets together...:smiley_drive:

The list is too long here... its easier to say... STUFF... haha

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Very nice and congrats. There are several Expedition Portal folks on my forum 4BTswaps.com that you might dig (despite running a 6 cyl but we have plenty of 6BT swappers & other engine conversions as well). It is always nice to have the expedition / vehicle crowd there as well... A good friend runs an insulated tube in his Tundra between the cap and body and it works very well.

On the hijack we have an old '77 Ford Van that I've been batting the idea of installing a 4BT into as well. They are very tweakable like the 6 cyls so you can get V8 power quite easily. I had my last one only mildly tuned and it ran like a V10 from idle and perhaps a 305 or 350 on the highway quite easily.

Cheers, Andre

SicNick

Observer
Panty Hose w/ Camp Dry? Oh PLEASE post a pic of this and/or explanation...:D

I cant talk, I am just running a AFE w/ pre-filter for now(it was a freebie).....

Chase

Large panty house, over you BHAF , sprayed with Camp-Dry for water resistance. Cost 2 bux works just like a 20 dollar outerwear:elkgrin:

Here are some door open pics, pup and Girlfriend included for scale:)

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5718.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

Im very excited about the potential of this shell:drool:

Outback

Explorer
Nic,
I am having problem with determining the scale of your truck and topper. Maybe a few more pictures of your girlfriend will help. For scale purposes of course. :rolleyes:

Outback

Explorer
Shes about as good as it gets for tough gear under her. Dana 60! 14 Bolt corp! Np205! NV4500! Cummins 12 Valve! Doesnt get much better! 18 mpg! Nice rig. First thing I would do is rmove the ladder rack and flasher. Maybe have her rhino lined to seal up all the cracks where dust can get in the bed/cap area. Does she have any lockers?

Rot Box

Explorer
:coffeedrink: WOW you have my dream truck--the best of everything in the drivetrain too!

I'm starting the parts gathering for my 92 CTD, and now I really can't wait to get started on it. Can't wait to see your progress!

chasespeed

Explorer
I dont know... depending on the hobbies... the rack would be useful....

I dont fish, but, the pipe tube could be used as rod storage, but, I do kayak, and the ladder rack would be great for a 'yak-rack, among other things, plus, it gives room to mount more stuff if needed.... I think it should stay...

Chase

SicNick

Observer
I dont know... depending on the hobbies... the rack would be useful....

I dont fish, but, the pipe tube could be used as rod storage, but, I do kayak, and the ladder rack would be great for a 'yak-rack, among other things, plus, it gives room to mount more stuff if needed.... I think it should stay...

Chase

I agree rack is staying! Haha I got a fly pole in that tube already! Plus I dig the amber light , could be a life saver as I often stop and help on the side of the road during bliazzards!

SicNick

Observer
another thought I had today, if I can somehow move the rear doors forward about an 1" I could run my tailgate, what do you guys think?

Outback

Explorer
that would give you a great work bench when set up in camp. Work bench, seat and a good platform to access your toppers roof.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
First tires and now shells, ExpeditionPortal is becoming quite the manufacturing force ;)

Besides fishing poles in the tube, awning poles, a killer ameteur radio antenna or even flag could be stored. The ladder racks would make a natural storage solution for sand ladders too.

chasespeed

Explorer
Hey, on that cap, do those side boxes come out EASILY? Just wondering since they arent there anymore....

I am going to look at/pick-up a utility cap tomorrow, with the barn doors... and gonna toss this fiberglass one.....

I am hoping they are easy to remove/replace, and if so, I was going to make a duplicate set, or a singe, but, lower profile for things like axe, shovel, strap(s), etc, that you want quick easy access to while out wheelin...

Eventually, when I can start getting something accomplished.. I will start a thread....and stop hijacking yours...

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy