Starting Over... Taco Style!

viatierra

Explorer
crawler#976 said:
I'll get back to posting up some day trips - hope to see ya on one!

Mark

Mark... thanks again for your help! That Demello kit is worth it's weight in gold.
Post a trip!
Go ahead... Make my day. I dare ya! :ar15:

viatierra

Explorer
BajaTaco said:
Greg, it looks awesome! Especially with those 255 BFG's - muy macho and well proportioned to the body. I dig it.

Dude, you're the inspiration! Can't wait to hang out again on the trail, Mexico, Trophy, where ever.

By the way, how do I do a post with more than one quote?? :confused:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Manually.

Quote one comment using the quote feature. For a second, third, etc. quote - copy and paste text in your reply window. Then use the word balloon looking thing (next to the Insert Image icon) in the reply window menu bar to make multiple quotes.

Ain't the interweb cool? :beer:

articulate

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
Be wary of your sibling & sibling-in-law, however. Apparently they prefer to eat cookies while naked.

Naked-cookie-eating-Stephens.....
Sorry you missed it? :cow:

Gregory's Taco is looking saaaaweeeeet! Tall-n-skinny tires, racing suspension, and and expeditionportal.com sticker. Without the fridge, she's not quite ready for Baja, but as soon as I get one perhaps we can just go together and share? Attached some pics of her in action out at Saguaro Lake ...

viatierra

Explorer
Minor Update

Prior to this year's Expedition Trophy I did complete a few minor additions that I wanted to post.

Inside the truck, I installed a Jeniko laptop mount as posted by 1legLance. It is a simple, affordable mount that has worked great so far. It did wobble a bit, but it was easy enough to fab up a simple brace that connects to the seat rail. The wobble seemed to come from flex in the transmission tunnel. Perhaps there was a better place for the mounting plate. Despite how it looks, the whole system doesn't interfere with the passenger's comfort too much. For $50 how can you miss??

1952486584_f5474cb57c.jpg

1952514734_b3d54f8ec4.jpg

In the bed, I mounted a Hi-lift and shovel. This was intended to be temporary until I move these to my tent platform, but I'm satisfied with how this is working. Moving the jack to the platform with only raise my COG and decrease accessability to the goodies in the bed. The jack base rests on the wheelwell so stress on the mounting should be minimized. I have some large fenderwashers for support on the backside. We'll have to see how it holds up over time.

I'm really pleased with the shovel mount. I copied this system from John at Hunter Offroad. It is an $8 shovel from Home Depot that I cut to length and about $3 in hardware for the mount. Now I am only 1 wingnut away from digging holes or smothering fires. Pretty cool.

1951712583_0e5771029f.jpg

The Tacoma is FINALLY being dropped off at Hunter Offroad on Tuesday for the next phase: Tent platform. As documented in Jeffery Scott 's photograph of Camp Hanson overlooking my squalor...

1851139678_03112e75b3.jpg

the Maggiolina still sits unused in my garage. Although, my vision for the truck is to maintain simplicity, I have increased to scope of the platform a bit. TacoDoc and others have such cool tent setups that it's hard to keep the wheels from spinning! I hope to have a nice update in 2 weeks!

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
WOW! Ya know mate, I have not yet really taken a shine to the new Taco's, but your rig looks absolutely great. Perfect wheel/tire combo, perfect stance. It looks so simple and purpose built, very utilitarian. Nice rig.

Cheers

Dave

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
It's about time you share an update... my Tacoma lives vicariously through yours!:)

Can't wait to see the tent mounted and ready to go.

:luxhello:

viatierra

Explorer
Well guys... thanks for your encouragement. While others were enjoying their rigs in the Arizona rain, I went to check in on the tent rack progress. I haven't seen my truck in over 2 weeks! In fact Saturday was an anual BBQ at Hunter Offroad. My truck was to have the honored distinction of being one of the projects in progress for folks take a peek at. I was anticipating taking a few cool pictures. Well with the rain, the vehicles were evicted and tarped so folks could eat inside. What I was able to get a good look at was pretty sweet. I'm getting antsy. Who knew it would take 6 months to get this Maggiolina perminately mounted!
:smilies27:

Last edited:

viatierra

Explorer
Why not...

For my own entertainment... here are a few pictures of my truck from the past couple of months as seen in other threads:

Expedition Trophy 2007
1849947543_6b4f6bdbcc_b.jpg

1850000857_7129d17471_b.jpg

1850981234_52c1baa492_o.jpg

1850981814_93c52b3b6c_o.jpg

1851181256_5e945ab648.jpg

1851193472_a6c39bec45_o.jpg

1850371977_c01f5e5158_o.jpg

Last edited:

viatierra

Explorer
Credit for all of the above photos goes to a variety of Expedition Trophy participants and of course Articulate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven