Adventurer
Did LED strip lights for the tent.. running off the "house" battery

20140823_112828.jpg

Better shot of the switch
20140823_191755.jpg

20140823_112837.jpg

stingray1300

Explorer
For those of you that are putting LED lighting inside your tent, don't go overboard. I only have a 2' strip of lights, and it seemed fine at the time, but I've since decided to remove it because its just TOO much light at night.

You can see my install below (its slim but its attached to the center of the top hoop):

I've got my eye on a simple battery powered LED dome light that is intended for a Jeep roll bar.

Can you post a link to the one you're looking at getting?
Thanks!

jesperjes

For those of you that are putting LED lighting inside your tent, don't go overboard. I only have a 2' strip of lights, and it seemed fine at the time, but I've since decided to remove it because its just TOO much light at night.

You can see my install below (its slim but its attached to the center of the top hoop):

I've got my eye on a simple battery powered LED dome light that is intended for a Jeep roll bar.

I've added 2' strips on all three hoops with a dimmer. Yes it can be very bright but with the dimmer it can also be very cozy :)

2014-08-22%2016.20.33.jpg

I've also added a strip on the bottom right by the ladder with a separate switch, this is without the dimmer

IMAG0964.jpg

Guri

Explorer
The dimmer is a good idea, is that a PWM dimmer? Looks like a nice item.

This is the light I was looking at getting:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14018_9001.htm

I'm hoping its a bit dimmer than the full 2' bar. I'm considering relocating the 2' LED bar under the rear tailgate for night time cooking.

I have a control remote dimmer like this one and it is PWM (I saw it with a scope) and it works really good with the LED light I have inside of the tent. You can't see it blinking at all.

T-Rey1

Adventurer

infra

n00b
I have the same dimmer but it does not completely turn off the strip. Once of the leds are still on but very dim

I thought the same exact thing at first after I installed it. The middle button is the power button, if you push and hold the middle button it will turn the lights off.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I thought the same exact thing at first after I installed it. The middle button is the power button, if you push and hold the middle button it will turn the lights off.

Tried that. The lights don't completely shut off till I kill power to the switch

Scottydog13

Observer
I had an issue with the ladder being too short and didn't want to add the extension. So killed 2 birds with one stone. I built myself a "front porch" that I can wipe off my shoes prior to placing them in the shoe hammock.
Ladder porch.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid

compactcamping

Explorer
I have a much better and stronger design of something similar. I am having them produced soon. They will be sold through a friend's shop. I will post up more details once they are available.

From a DIY perceptive these are easy to make. Strength wise, you'll overload the tent base / track before they would break.

Here are a few different sewn ones that I've done, work nice, but more work to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal