Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Gonna try and add a picture (new to the forum...). I love the Samurais and trackers...:wings:... Had an 87 convertible for a long time, then upgraded to a 96 Geo tracker (lifted 4in, custom bumpers, etc).
Just picked up an 87 hard top that has all the right parts (lockers, winch, lift, etc.). Got it home and found it to be a rattle trap and rust bucket (not used to that here in AZ).
Big plans...4.3v6 w/automatic, insulate cabin so A/C works in summer, lockers, lift, brake upgrades (not toyota axles yet), etc.
Most people who build samurais go the stripped down and rhino lined route. I am going the Luxury route. I am a Mercedes tech, and like G-wagens, so this will be my little g-wagen. :smiley_drive: - carpeting, sound insulation, comfy seats, etc.
It wont be a quick build, as I have to earn as I go to pay for it all, but I have a good start...Now to try and add a picture of what Im starting with...
Sami.jpg

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Welcome to ExPo MicroOverland. Nice Sammy!!! I'm with you on the Luxury and A/C. My Samurai is Line-Xed on the inside from front to back on the floor pan and up the sides to the lower window frames in the back of my tintop. What a difference it makes in sound. Just a little suggestion. Let us know how things progress on your MicroOverlander :safari-rig: :safari-rig:

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
MicroOverland! missed your post.

Awesome truck. My '87 tintop is my favorite vehicle ever - the 1.6 helps.

Welcome to ExPo.

Cheers,
Mark

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Got another Samurai, have a complete Toyota 4 Runner for a donor (Axles, Power Steering, 22RE/W56/Double T-Case) that should be a good build. I'll document it here when it starts.

Scott Brady

Founder
Sweet! I still remember having the love for all of Phil Howell's Samurai projects.

attachment.php

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Sweet! I still remember having the love for all of Phil Howell's Samurai projects.

Me too, I was extremely impressed when I bought my first Samurai after the first YEE HAAA build (his Samurai's build name for the red one, and Project Sierra for the second) and called the magazine, he took my call and talked with me for nearly an hour on the project I was starting. He's one of the coolest magazine guys I know, and I know a few. I even tried getting the YEE HAAA plate today at the DMV here in VA but it and variations of it were taken. I settled for my second choice which was available.

Details on the white one here: http://4wheeldrivesportutility.automotive.com/466/0802-4wd-1994-suzuki-samurai/index.html

EDIT: Here are some great build and tech articles from 4WDSU magazine: http://4wheeldrivesportutility.automotive.com/suzuki/index.html

Last edited:

TBS

Observer
Just bought this guys, its pretty cute i know but i'll have to man it up a bit....

It will be a fun little camping rig. Could be faster and I am considering swapping for a manual trans but the 4 speed auto isnt to bad as it is. First things first though is that decal is coming OFF! Keep your eyes out for a thread on this thing.

Trackkick.jpg

compactcamping

Explorer
Nice Sidekick ... the words Sidekick and fast just don't go together :sombrero:

Mine looked much better once I removed all the graphics

4164676590_f864992731.jpg

album_pic.php

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Thanks Mountainsoul it has been a fun truck so far. A few mods in progress right now a set of 30x9.50x15 KM2's and new offset rims and a new rack set up. I'll post pic's when I'm done. :safari-rig: :safari-rig:

Salid

Hey guys,

this is my first post in ExPo. I'm from Germany and we also use Zuks for expedition. This is my Sidekick:

4838190.jpg

4838194.jpg

4838191.jpg

It's got a 2" lift, 30x9,5 STT and a couple of other gimmicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3