Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

matt t

Observer
I am building up a 4 door. So far I have built a 23 gallon stainless fuel cell, 2" body lift, and I just finished building the bumper. I have a 2" OME suspension on order. After it is installed I will upgrade wheels and tires, probably some 245/75-16s. I will post more pics.

Attachments

• bumper 4door6.jpg
    bumper 4door6.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 70

vanroth

Observer
Here is my little Suzuki I built earlier this year to supplement my Disco II on shorter trips.

'94 Geo Tracker tintop body dropped on a '96 Sidekick chassis and 16v running gear (only 26k miles). Swapped over the '96 dash and electrics as well.

2" suspension lift and shrockworks bumper (if I can find one) are in the works. So far a great little car!

Attachments

• Tin Top_sm.jpg
    Tin Top_sm.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 94

daverbmxer

Here's my 88.5 Sammy that I've owned for a year now. The pic was taken in British Columbia this past summer. It was truly a blast to drive up there. I put on about 4,000 miles driving there and back from eastern North Dakota. I had it fully loaded up and it still kept up pretty well. I can cruise easily at 65 mph in most conditions and still get 27 combined mpg. I do need to tackle rust issues behind the fender flares and there are many other things I'd like to do it to make it better for long range driving.

P1110912.jpg

zukrider

Explorer
nice pic!

here is my current
DSCN1031.jpg

my last
063.jpg

before that
DSC00019-2.jpg

before that i had a soft top on jeepeater 2.5 yjs and 35's. sadly, no pics though

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Beautiful trucks guy's (and gals if you're out there...)

I love Sami's... I've always wanted a LWB on Toy axles (or even a full 22RE Mini truck Drivetrain) for a trail rig. They're just SO PERSECT IMO for the tight NW forests I wheel. Too bad LWB Sami's are nearly as rare as hen's teeth in the US. There seem to be ALOT of them in Canada but I rarely see them down here. too bad, they're awesome rigs. plus I love how 33's or even 35's on a Sami works and looks like anything else on 37's or bigger...

Cheers

Dave

stevec

Adventurer
Too bad LWB Sami's are nearly as rare as hen's teeth in the US. There seem to be ALOT of them in Canada but I rarely see them down here.

Expect that to change soon. Nearly all LWB's in Canada are '86's or '87's. In a little over a month, the '86's will be 25 years old, and thus exempt from EPA and DOT requirements, so it'll be really easy to legally import one.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Expect that to change soon. Nearly all LWB's in Canada are '86's or '87's. In a little over a month, the '86's will be 25 years old, and thus exempt from EPA and DOT requirements, so it'll be really easy to legally import one.

They are super rare in Canada as well, they didn't sell very many and most of the ones they did have rusted away or been beatin to death. It took me 4 years to find a nice one and that was 6 years ago.

silverjimny

jimny

its nice to find a group of suzuki owners willing to go that extra mile for an adventure lol.

i finished buliding my Jimny in may and 3 months after that i was 1000 miles away in croatia driving up a mountain :)

Attachments

• clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 165
  • tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 114
  • rutt.jpg
    rutt.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 139
  • fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 201

trackhead

Adventurer
Just picked up a 1988 Samurai with 87,000 miles on it for $1300 American Pesos. Up until now, it's just been my wife and I, and I've spent my free time riding motos on multi-day trips, but with our first kid coming in May, I figured it was time to translate those experiences into a family affair. Riding a KTM 450XC with a kid and a wife on the back won't work, so...........

DSCF1827.jpg

Runs well, everything works fine. I'm going to spend the next four months going over it, lifting it a bit, slightly bigger tires, build a small camper on it, then next winter it's getting Tatou snow tracks and will replace my long lost Bombardier snowcat I used to have.

Good times! First test run on the way home from the purchase.
http://vimeo.com/17474888

Last edited:

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Here's my personal expo project. Needs some things before the "fun" mods can begin, but it's got good bones. New manual window regulators and a new top/top hardware are first on the list.

2010-11-27165603.jpg

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal