Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Over 100,000 Views and 240 replies I never would have guessed when I started this Thread. Thank You for all who have Posted & all the Viewers. Please keep those Suzuki ExPo's coming :coffeedrink:

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Nice lookin Kick RocKrawler!!:victory: Keep us up to date on all your mods.

Brian

Current mod is getting it smogged here in california. It just failed with too much nox, the cat converter looks new so checked the egr and it moves freely, but no vacuum out of the manifold. Turns out the 4 mnifold ports are all plugged so no vacuum anywhere, thus non functioning egr and smog test fail. I have to pull the intake and blast out the inside of each port to clear the obstruction and get vacuum back to the egr.

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
RocKrawler before you pull the manifold go to NAPA Auto Parts or your local Auto Parts and look at Seafoam Pt# SF-16. It just may be built up carbon deposits. Take time and read lable as there are many ways to use it. One is to slowly poor down through carb to eleminate carbon. Hope this helps.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
RocKrawler before you pull the manifold go to NAPA Auto Parts or your local Auto Parts and look at Seafoam Pt# SF-16. It just may be built up carbon deposits. Take time and read lable as there are many ways to use it. One is to slowly poor down through carb to eleminate carbon. Hope this helps.
Its thick enough that you cant poke through it with a punch or small screwdriver, so I dont now that seafoam would handle something that thick & packed. And this Kick is fuel injected, not carbed....

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Did some more work on the "Teal Terror" this weekend. Added some 235/75/15 BF Goodrich All-Terrains, 15x7 steel wheels (chromed-out bling bling -- hey, they were cheap!), removed the not-so-awesome two-foot "4x4" graphics on the doors, and fixed some squeaks and rattles, too. Next stop will be a 2" lift, bumper, winch, lights (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic). Considering removing the rear seat for more cargo room; it's not often someone actually sits back there. Most of the time it's in the up position. Easily able to fit four 235/75/15 tires in the back, too. Also picked up a couple of WARN D-shackles for recovery.

2011-05-30-181815.jpg

- Andy

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Andy The Teal Terror is lookin good. What lift and bumper you gonna run? Ya gotta do a Drawer/Storage in it!!

Not sure yet on the lift. Might run the spacer lift from Low Range Offroad; might try out the BDS kit. Still deciding on that one. Not looking to go over 2" for lift. OME makes some great stuff, too. We'll see.

As for a bumper, a co-worker of mine here at WARN does some great fabrication, so I will likely have him fab up a bumper and winch mount. I'll likely run a WARN M8000 or WARN VR8000 on the bumper for winch duties. I'd also love to get some rock sliders made, too.

As for drawers, I probably won't hard mount anything, since I do use the rear for a variety of cargo. A hitch, however, will be installed, too ... eventually!

- Andy

vanroth

Observer
Andy,
Nice looking trackick. Are you going to mount the d-rings before you get bumpers? If you do end up with some sort of bumper I'd certainly be interested as well. Tired of waiting for shrockworks to start making trackick bumpers again.

Speaking of graphics, there is a picture on the web of all the decals that were optional on the trackers. Reminds me of Nigel print...

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Warn Industries; said:
As for a bumper, a co-worker of mine here at WARN does some great fabrication, so I will likely have him fab up a bumper and winch mount. I'll likely run a WARN M8000 or WARN VR8000 on the bumper for winch duties.

- Andy
I can make you a great deal on a smittybilt winch if you need one! JK

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Andy,
Nice looking trackick. Are you going to mount the d-rings before you get bumpers? If you do end up with some sort of bumper I'd certainly be interested as well. Tired of waiting for shrockworks to start making trackick bumpers again.

I'll have him put eyelets for shackles on the bumper. Not sure how he does it. I like the Shrockworks bumper.

Speaking of graphics, there is a picture on the web of all the decals that were optional on the trackers. Reminds me of Nigel print...

Link?

- Andy

trirsquared

Hey guys, been lurking here for a while gathering info for research on a new purchase. That all paid off this weekend. My new '87 Tintop (and rather excited son) getting her first tank of gas (it was on empty when I bought it.. LOL) We bought it mainly to tow behind our RV and to use as a beach cruiser or a light trail vehicle in the mountains.

It's in pretty good condition with lots of recent work to it (clutch, exhaust, plugs wires etc..) Still has plenty of projects to work on however (including a fuel pickup problem). I'm sure I'll be posting more as I dive into it.

IMG_1416.JPGIMG_1417.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman