IMG_0970 (Large).JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0977 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0977 (Large).JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 177

matt t

Observer
Chet, like the stretched Sammy.

Matt T, tell use more about the front straight axle conversion.

The axles are Dana 44s out of a wide track wagoneer, with front wagoneer springs on all corners.. I own a fab shop with a cnc plasma table, so I made all the brackets. It has a 78 F-150 steering box, because the pitman arm points to the front. It has been my daily driver for 5 years, it drives amazing on the road, handles like a slow sports car.:smiley_drive:

jh504

Explorer
I can finally add one!

IMG00181.jpg

(not running yet but its on the way)

Bobfab

Observer
My 08 Sx4

Hey guys, i have been trolling this forum for a couple months now and i thought i would add my rig to the mix. Not quite a true truck or expo rig but it has been my dirtbike hauler, camping car and everything in between since i purchased new in 2008. It is kinda like a reincarnation of the Sammy :ylsmoke:

Its got a bunch of rockyroad parts, oem suzuki accessories, and other cool stuffs. I can elaborate if y'all are interested.

DSCF8948.jpg

DSCF8950.jpg

DSCF8944.jpg

ihatemybike

Explorer
Its got a bunch of rockyroad parts, oem suzuki accessories, and other cool stuffs. I can elaborate if y'all are interested.
DSCF8948.jpg
Please do. I've been thinking about putting an ad in CL offering to do the labor on an SX4 lift just for the experience. How has your lift been? The RRO lift for the Jeep Liberty has a rep of accelerating shock and spring wear. Any alignment issues?

Bobfab

Observer
Please do. I've been thinking about putting an ad in CL offering to do the labor on an SX4 lift just for the experience. How has your lift been? The RRO lift for the Jeep Liberty has a rep of accelerating shock and spring wear. Any alignment issues?

I have the RRO lift kit and rear shock extenders. I can imagine without the rear shock extenders and agressive enough driving you could "top-out" the rear shocks and cause premature wear. At this point i havent had any problems, the only thing i wish i did was install the lift kit from day one rather than waiting a year.

The install was easy. The rears take 1/2 hr, the front requires disassembly of the strut/springs and takes a bit longer. My spring compressors wouldnt fit in the coils correctly so it took me a while to get em out.

A brief modlist of the car: Almost all the suzuki OEM accessories (pedals, dashkit, protectors, exhaust tip, yada yada), Garmin 60csx, Trailer hitch, rage roofbasket, RRO lift, RRO front skid, RRO Travel Extenders, Primative Racing Rear Skid, Grabber AT/2's, Hella 500's. 43,500 problem free miles.

I love the car, wish i bought a truck instead but needs change and hindsight is 20/20.

jjdgr8

Help on mine

I'm new to The ExPo but I would love to see other Suzuki's on here. So please post up your ExPo Suzuki's. I'll start with " Mr. Livingston " My ExPo Samurai.
225.jpg

230.jpg

:Astrologist:

Mr. Livingston is a really nice ride! I just purchased mine just recently and I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions if you don't mine.

szabotage

here's a couple. the work in progress is gonna be a flatdeck pickup cab specifically for expo'ing and work. the other is just my trail toy.

P1010149.jpg

P1010148.jpg

PicturesofDecember032.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010129.jpg

untitled.jpg

22376_271410028195_506003195_365403.jpg

MarchattheShop093.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member