Tacoma Teryx Build by Sierrahsky

sierrahsky

Adventurer
475d4355-e877-cb63.jpg

sierrahsky

Adventurer
I ran almost all the wiring today. All that's left is to carpet the platform, drill the frame holes, and plug her in!

475d4355-e8b8-b98d.jpg

We have had 1 feet of snow today so ignore the dirt!

475d4355-e8e1-c4f7.jpg

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Great platform to start with. Looking forward to watching the progress. I use to spend a lot of time on TW too. Moreso here now.
I was fortunate to get a good price on a pre-09 access cab backseat on TW. The pre-09 design is so much better, especially for your dogs if they ride in the cab.

musty40

Observer
Really like the coming soon list.

I almost got in on the snorkel GB. If I lived out west and had to deal with more dust it would've been an easy decision.

Looking forward to watching the build thread.

Alan

sierrahsky

Adventurer
Great platform to start with. Looking forward to watching the progress. I use to spend a lot of time on TW too. Moreso here now.
I was fortunate to get a good price on a pre-09 access cab backseat on TW. The pre-09 design is so much better, especially for your dogs if they ride in the cab.

I agree. I am not sure why they made the seats the way they did but it's ok. I pulled them out so no more issues. I was going to get the 07 seats but the fridge is to deep for them to work.

sierrahsky

Adventurer
Really like the coming soon list.

I almost got in on the snorkel GB. If I lived out west and had to deal with more dust it would've been an easy decision.

Looking forward to watching the build thread.

Alan

Thanks Alan. At this point the only thing on the list that is actually a wait item are the bumpers. We ordered everything else. I am excited for the snorkel. I clean my intake monthly out here. I am hoping it will give me piece of mind for a while. Plus my breathers are all above my fuel filler cap so water shouldn't be an issue either.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
!!!!! Gorgeous Dog's mate. I showed the pictures to our 125lb Berner and he started barking abd woofing to go out side and play HAHAHAHA One of my good friends I worked in the ER with had 5 Siberians and boy were they neat dogs. I'm a bit of an "animal person" though, I don't think I've met very many dogs I didn't like eh ;)

Color me JEALOUS!!! ALL that snow and 5+ DAYS A WEEK to go out and play in it???? That is AWESOME... Are you training the dogs for sled racing or something??? Is all this fun Business related??? IF so, NEED A HELPER??? I'm totaly willing to re-locate to Tahoe HAHAHAHA ;) BUT, I gotta bring Lou-dog with me, I can't sleep wothout him eh ;)

SWEET Taco too mate. I like the kind of "stealth" look to it. I really like the mesh grill with the driving lights behind it. Very nice looking build you've got going. Can't wait to see the bumpers and snorkle on it eh.

EDIT: Just looked up "Relentless" Fab" and BOY do those look like NICE bumpers... Plus he an Oregon guy so I gotta say I love that too eh. I couldn't find any info on their rear bumper (doesn't look like they have a site, just the Tacoma Board posts that I could find... need to go back and look @ his sig though DOH) I also really want to go hook up with there guys cause there are TONS of pics of them wheeling in the TSF and I'm pretty sure I've met them and just didn't know who they were... small world eh. EDIT2: Never mind, found their site... NICE stuff. Can't wait to see it on your rig. I like the lines of his bumpers on the 5th Gen Truck's. DOn't think it'd look all to hot on a 1st Gen but then we have TONS of options comparitivly eh.

Cheers

DAve

Last edited:

sierrahsky

Adventurer
So for the rear bumper, which Relentless model did you go with?

High clearance or stock replacement?

I am going to do a simple replacement with a hidden hitch. I don't want to cut in to the truck too much and I like how the rear standard looks.

sierrahsky

Adventurer
So here is a pic of how I ran the wires.

475d4355-dfca-e88e.jpg

475d4355-dfdf-ab34.jpg

475d4355-dff6-24aa.jpg

I chose to run it in to the jack mount for a couple reasons. 1 i do not use the bottle jack, my truck is to high. 2 I wanted to have a secure mount and this enabled me to accomplish that.

475d4355-e04f-41ba.jpg

sierrahsky

Adventurer
Well the budbuilt skids just arrived so I will be painting them tonight and taking a little break from the fridge install. I finished the wiring and got her up and going today, all thats left is to carpet the mounting surface and bolt her in place. I decided to go with a black color carpet because my interior lining is black, upper dash is black, and I am going to have the center of my TRD seats black.

sierrahsky

Adventurer
WEll I am going to finish up the final steps today on the following.

Installing and painting the Skids
Carpeting, painting, and mounting fridge.

I should have pics up by the end of the day.

AND I will make sure I get the photos up of the spillproof dog bowl set up. ! I did not forget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3