Tacoma Teryx Build by Sierrahsky

sierrahsky

Adventurer
Well I finally FINISHED!! In reality it would not have taken me so long but I lost a day of work due to shops not being open and since I have never done anything like this before the process was very slow. I also changed my design about 3 times in the process.

Originally I was going to do a full custom box, but we decided if at any time we needed to remove the fridge and put the seats back that it would be a complete pita. Then We found that because we are adding a sub woofer box that we would run out of room if we did a full platform and enclosure. In the end we decided on the most simple design and sturdy. 3/4 Square .120 steel with an oak top, bolted in and reinforced. All though its not really much to look at its FUNCTIONAL and SIMPLE. The 2 things I wanted most.

Here are a few finished photos.

Awesome build! Love the simplicity and utility.

Also love the dogs! Mine is bred a little differently though! Much thinner coat, for obvious reasons.
IMG_8083.jpg

sierrahsky

Adventurer
Well I have to say I am over the moon about my new bud built skids! I did not purchase the entire set as I felt it would add to much weight for our overland trips, but for winter next year I will have them in my garage ready to be put on. I was really surprised at the fit and quality. And after taking off my stock black trd skids and comparing I could not help but feel relief. I cant believe the ones I had on the truck before held up so well.

The other thing I noticed is that I purchased the 885 coils to allow for an extra 100-150lbs, and with the front 3/16 skid and the belly skid + fridge I am right at that weight. The truck rides MUCH smoother on road and feels really planted to the ground.

sierrahsky

Adventurer
Do i see a built in power inverter on the back by the power cord???
M

It's the arb wiring loom but it's wired with the adter so I can run anything with thatbplug type. I am putting an inverter in the center console and have one 110 in the bed already

wilson

Observer
Glad I could help. Let me know if you have any questions

do you have any more pics of the platform you built. I have the same truck and I like what you got there. how many days of food would you feel you could fit in there. big enough for 3-4 days? how many beers?

sierrahsky

Adventurer
do you have any more pics of the platform you built. I have the same truck and I like what you got there. how many days of food would you feel you could fit in there. big enough for 3-4 days? how many beers?

I can snap a few, anything in particular you need to see?

As far as days of food, its just me and my girl so we can do roughly 7-10 days. Now that is for just meat, egg whites, cheese, veggies, and 2 water bottles. I am a big guy and I eat a bunch but we eat very healthy and simple so for us its a ton of space. Plus I have a back injury so we keep an ice pack on the bottom of the cooler for my pain.

For beer I am not sure but I would say in the first 2 compartments I could do prob 14+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl