Team Equipt is in Baja!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing more pictures after all the bantering :)

Once you have toilet paper and trash strewn all over your favorite secret place....along with the crowds.......you will understand what Jack means.

Oops! I Mean....My friend....Joaquin Suave.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Ben and Bev,

Thanks for sharing all the pics and info. Looks like you had a great trip.

Can't wait to see you guys again.

TD

shahram

Adventurer
Once you have toilet paper and trash strewn all over your favorite secret place

And again, it's just an expression...they're not really secret places, and they're certainly not "yours". And as far as trash and toilet paper strewn about Baja, look no further than the locals for that.

....along with the crowds...

And again, if you are worried about a place being crowded, don't go there. You contribute to crowding as much as (and depending on the size of your presence), maybe even more, than others.

....you will understand what Jack means.

Oops! I Mean....My friend....Joaquin Suave.

Yeah, I understand. "Don't talk about my secret spots, bro. I don't want a bunch of gringos showing up on my turf."

Nothing ironic about that, is there?

BajaGeoff

Great trip report and awesome photos Ben! It looks like you guys had a spectacular Baja adventure.

It was nice meeting you and Bev at the expo last year....hope to see you again this time around.

shahram

Adventurer
I've been trying my damnedest to find a way to convince my very skeptical wife that a Baja trip with her, my young son, and some friends is a must.

I think this picture might be the one that thrusts her firmly into the "YES" camp.
IMG_8982-Edit-web.jpg

Unfortunately, this picture would change her mind right back again!
IMG_0154.jpg

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Great trip report and awesome photos Ben! It looks like you guys had a spectacular Baja adventure.

It was nice meeting you and Bev at the expo last year....hope to see you again this time around.

Geoff it was great meeting you last year at Expo! We will be there with Equipt Expedition Outfitters this year and hope to share a brew:beer:

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Expedition Ops Shower Mat

Before we left for Baja my friend Jeremy Womack at Expedition Ops sent me a prototype shower mat made out of reclaimed materials to try in Baja. Beverly and I had been talking for years about how to keep your feet off of the ground and clean when showering in the sand. I'm thinking Jeremy was thinking how to solve the same problem. The shower mat he sent us was used multiple times by the entire Equipt Team. It worked just as advertised by keeping your feet elevated off of the sand while showering and dries quickly when hung from your bull bar. The girls also like it for changing on and we found that it doubles as a sand mat to keep your roof top tent ladder from digging too far into the sand. After using the Expedition Ops Shower Mat it rolls up into a 6"x18" roll for storage. In our 80s case it stored vertical next to our drawer system.
It's nice that a fellow overlander took an idea and actually made it into a viable product using almost all reclaimed materials.

IMG_6526-Edit-web.jpg

Here is Beverly taking it for a spin!

Here is the link to Jeremy's website where he is accepting pre-orders:
http://www.expeditionops.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_65&product_id=170

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
smokin idea!

what model is that kitchen bag? i cant find it on there website.

The kitchen bag isn't listed as of this time. It is a custom designed kitchen bag that Equipt Expedition Outfitters had Reddox make. More to come in the future on it, we are still in prototype testing with it. I must say that is nice to have everything in one bag.....

That mat is a great idea! I actually just met Jeremy at Exp. Ops, what a great guy! He has a bright future in the expo biz.
I also have to say I've been thoroughly enjoying your posts and pics, thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Thanks again, Steve

805gregg

Adventurer
Looked like a fun trip, how did that snorkle work? Is it much of a bummer to climb out of that tent and pee in the night?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal