**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Big mike

Adventurer
Ok now I know the rest of the story :) thanks

But I will respectfully disagree with you on the Tepui being the best out there :)
I would rank Eezi awn #1 funny that's what I own the globetrotter !
#2 I would put Howlingmoon
# drum roll please at # 3 is .......Tepui ;) and the crowd goes wild !!!!!
Mike

Box Rocket

Ok now I know the rest of the story :) thanks

But I will respectfully disagree with you on the Tepui being the best out there :)
I would rank Eezi awn #1 funny that's what I own the globetrotter !
#2 I would put Howlingmoon
# drum roll please at # 3 is .......Tepui ;) and the crowd goes wild !!!!!
Mike

I won't argue that the Eezi-awn is a very nice tent, but most of them are also 2-3x the cost of a comparable Tepui. I do actually have a little experience with the Eezi-awn tents too. ;). The Tepui Ruggedized models are quite similar in terms of quality and durability to an Eezi-awn IMO and there is nothing that justifies paying double the cost or more if you ask me.

I understand that everyone has their own preferences and even some sense of brand loyalty to what they have or are familiar with. That's all fine and I'm not saying you are anyone else is wrong with your opinions. There are lots of different tent types with many different features. There may not be "one tent to rule them all" for everyone so it's worth looking at all the options including price.

I actually look forward to hearing your feedback on them both if you end up with a Tepui tent and can compare it side by side with your Eezi-awn.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Box rocket do you know when the awning extension will be available it's like pulling teeth emailing them you seem to care about there product

Box Rocket

Box rocket do you know when the awning extension will be available it's like pulling teeth emailing them you seem to care about there product
Yeah the shop has been very busy lately, calling might be better than emailing. But I'll always try to give a quick response here with the best information I have. We're expecting a delivery of two containers of tents and accessories within the next two weeks. The first one could be here as early as the next few days. Of course it will take some time for the guys at the shop to get things all unloaded and prepped to ship back out and to catch up on backordered items but all the sold out items should be ready to go by the end of the month. The annex extension should be in the mix too.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Thx for response , they were supposed to contact me when the awnings came in to order one but didn't. I'm a owner of a company and with in 24 you should reply back . It's not the first time . I understand about the wait but they should update their site and answer email. Again thx because I'm wanting to purchase one . Let me know if you could help. Thx

Box Rocket

Thx for response , they were supposed to contact me when the awnings came in to order one but didn't. I'm a owner of a company and with in 24 you should reply back . It's not the first time . I understand about the wait but they should update their site and answer email. Again thx because I'm wanting to purchase one . Let me know if you could help. Thx

That would probably be because they awnings are not in yet. They are also part of the delivery we are waiting on. I apologize you haven't had a response as quickly as you'd like from the shop. You're always welcome to contact me here and I'll do my best to answer questions and give updates, although if you're checking status on an order that was not placed with me I won't have access to that information. I've put my number out there before but 8017108110.

Of course I'm happy to help you purchase anything from the Tepui catalog. PM me what you're after or give me a call and I can get an order going for you.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
So, my "old" Kukenam tent found a very good home with a guy in southern CA who was planning a multi-week trip up the coast. We have stayed in touch and he is sending updates.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got this text message - "Day 1 el capitan beach. Loving it ... We are the hit of camp. Lol"

Big mike

Adventurer
I had the good fortune to have a lively conversation with Adam from tepui . While I did not purchase from him , mostly because of my great experience with a different manufacturer. He made some great points about the Tepui .
Plus he was extremely dedicated to his brand :).
I'll add one more compliment we had a fun spirited conversation .
I can tell you from my experience owning multiple auto dealerships that I see on this thread Adam doing a great job of follow up!
That's the key to growing a great business .
Plus I am impressed that he like myself gives out his personal number to more quickly take care of issues.
If I ever decide to switch tent manufacturers or know someone who wants a Tepui I will refer to Box Rocket :) Adam
Big mike

blkdvll

Love my Tepui.

image.jpg

I'm approached 4-5 times a day while at work, and when I go camping - forget about it - I've had people in a line to see it.

jsdierks

A quick question about the cover

I just purchased a Kukenam Sky from Softopper here in Boulder, CO. Great folk, friendly, loaded the box on my jeep and off I went. I had a weekend trip planned, so, of course waited until Friday to even look at installing the tent on my Gobi Stealth. With a little lift help form my wife and son, I did get is installed. At the end of it, my forearms and hands looked like they had been in a fight with a cat who threw fastballs. Not much room to get in there.

As I was getting anxious to leave, the last step was the cover. I slipped the edge in to the track, and flipped it over the top. Hmm, nothing obvious to zip it onto. Strapped it down and headed out, stopping every once and a while to make sure everything was OK. When I stopped at my chosen campsite off of Gore Pass, I was excited for my first roof top night. Pulled the cover off, unbuckled, grabbed the ladder and flipped it open. Just as advertised. That is when I noticed a zipper in the now bottom edge of the flipped out floor.

So, my long winded question is: Should this zipper just be moved to the lower base attached to the roof rack, or is this a different zipper that may be used to attach a annex under the flipped out portion, and I am missing the cover zipper?.

Thanks in advance, and it was a great weekend in my new tent.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_20150720_103056.jpg
    IMG_20150720_103056.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 50

Box Rocket

I just purchased a Kukenam Sky from Softopper here in Boulder, CO. Great folk, friendly, loaded the box on my jeep and off I went. I had a weekend trip planned, so, of course waited until Friday to even look at installing the tent on my Gobi Stealth. With a little lift help form my wife and son, I did get is installed. At the end of it, my forearms and hands looked like they had been in a fight with a cat who threw fastballs. Not much room to get in there.

As I was getting anxious to leave, the last step was the cover. I slipped the edge in to the track, and flipped it over the top. Hmm, nothing obvious to zip it onto. Strapped it down and headed out, stopping every once and a while to make sure everything was OK. When I stopped at my chosen campsite off of Gore Pass, I was excited for my first roof top night. Pulled the cover off, unbuckled, grabbed the ladder and flipped it open. Just as advertised. That is when I noticed a zipper in the now bottom edge of the flipped out floor.

So, my long winded question is: Should this zipper just be moved to the lower base attached to the roof rack, or is this a different zipper that may be used to attach a annex under the flipped out portion, and I am missing the cover zipper?.

Thanks in advance, and it was a great weekend in my new tent.

Jeff

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like the lower zipper portion was inserted into the track on the wrong half of the tent. It should be attached to the bottom half of the tent (the half attached to the rack) like you said. Simple enough fix. Slide it out of the track on the upper half and reinsert it into the track on the lower half.

surferdude78

Observer
Saw on Tepui's Facebook page that the owners of Tepui Tents will be doing an interview tomorrow evening at 7:00PM PST (10:00PM Florida time) on their local radio station KSCO / www.ksco.com. Could make for an interesting hour.

Tune in & call in tomorrow night to the Hour Local Show with Neil Pearlberg on KSCO AM 1080 or www.ksco.com where my guests will be Evan Currid, Bernard Bove and John Griffith from Tepui Tents.... ph # 831-479-1080

https://www.facebook.com/tepuitents

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
@parapyropig, I'm anxious to hear some feedback about the new ladder now that you've had a chance to do a little side by side comparison with the sliding type ladder.
Just got back from a week in Ouray - the new ladder is noiseless, edgeless, and solid - everything the original ladder should've been.

As as far as comparing it to the sliding ladder - it's apples & oranges - two things that are completely dissimilar. The Tepui slider was of poor quality; sharp edges, ****te construction, and rattled & creaked every time you came within a meter of it.

The Gordigear cover I got to replace the original Tepui is taller in the middle; I now stow the annex & weather hood in a narrow duffle bag along with the new ladder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven