**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Heavy duty Tepui telescoping ladder inbound!

The Mk01 ladder failed, and the sliding ladder is too noisy & poorly built (a LOT of sharp edges).

Unruinable

I have a question for you Adam... I ordered a Tan Ayer through a second party (they had a free shipping sale) and my invoice that was sent even says "TEPAYERTAN" and "Tepui Ayer Roof Top Tent- Tan," well today I received my Ayer after a couple weeks of being back ordered and.......... its blue. Im not a person who gets upset as I understand mistakes happen but I really really needed it by this weekend and I live in Ohio so I went ahead and mounted it. Should I call the main office to ask them about the mix up or bite the bullet? Thanks in advance.

tabraha

Observer
Gran Sabana Ruggedized

Received the Gran Sabana Ruggedized on Tuesday so spent Wednesday morning removing the Air Top Medium off of my Turtleback Trailer and putting the Tepui in it's place. This is one heavy girl. It was relatively easy with 4 of us but I think it would be fun with 3 people and really tough to manipulate with 2. After getting everything installed and set up I looked at it from the outside and for some reason it just didn't look that big. I guess when it's the only RTT set up it is hard to gauge size with no point of reference. Anyhow I crawled inside and it felt MUCH larger than the old Air Top Medium it replaced but maybe still not as big as I thought. At this point I felt perhaps I had not been realistic in my expectations. So, I let it air out at my office for the day, packed it up and took it home.

Got home and my 2 kids were on me before I could get out of the Land Cruiser good clamoring for me to hurry up and set up the new tent. So I got the joy of that (in a humid 100°) which I admittedly am slow at (10min) since this is my 2nd time ever doing it. Granted that time includes all tension rods, rain fly adjustments and tied out the 2 guys for the canopy entrance but I was waaaayyyy too slow for the kids... Anyhow the first one up the ladder at the house was actually my wife who was just as excited as the kids and I. Something about "getting up there first to help the kids up", but she had a giggle after she said that and went right up the ladder without hesitation. So we got the 4 of us up there and then it really was apparent how big this thing is. It is HUGE. The Air Top was a true 2-person and I wasn't really sure this Tepui was going to get 2 adults and 2 kids in their comfortably but their is no doubt now.

Hopefully I'll get it set up in a more scenic location soon because the pic below is at the shop at my house lol. Haven't even messed with the annex room yet. Anyhow big thanks Adam for getting this to me in time to get some good seat time with it before our big trip later this month.
41D69321-EE6C-4209-A519-7B09ABE01779.jpg

Box Rocket

I have a question for you Adam... I ordered a Tan Ayer through a second party (they had a free shipping sale) and my invoice that was sent even says "TEPAYERTAN" and "Tepui Ayer Roof Top Tent- Tan," well today I received my Ayer after a couple weeks of being back ordered and.......... its blue. Im not a person who gets upset as I understand mistakes happen but I really really needed it by this weekend and I live in Ohio so I went ahead and mounted it. Should I call the main office to ask them about the mix up or bite the bullet? Thanks in advance.

Well since your tent was ordered through a second party vendor and not directly from Tepui it's an issue you'll probably have to handle with the vendor that sold you the tent. Additionally, since the tent has been mounted (and sounds like you'll be using it this weekend), it probably can't be returned and resold as "new". But I am not the one to make the final call on things like this. I would suggest first working with the vendor that sold you the tent since they are the ones that made the mistake. Hopefully they can get it sorted out with you. After that, it wouldn't hurt to call the main number at the Tepui shop and ask them about it. I can't make any promises about what they will or will not be able to do, but all you can do is ask.

Box Rocket

Received the Gran Sabana Ruggedized on Tuesday so spent Wednesday morning removing the Air Top Medium off of my Turtleback Trailer and putting the Tepui in it's place. This is one heavy girl. It was relatively easy with 4 of us but I think it would be fun with 3 people and really tough to manipulate with 2. After getting everything installed and set up I looked at it from the outside and for some reason it just didn't look that big. I guess when it's the only RTT set up it is hard to gauge size with no point of reference. Anyhow I crawled inside and it felt MUCH larger than the old Air Top Medium it replaced but maybe still not as big as I thought. At this point I felt perhaps I had not been realistic in my expectations. So, I let it air out at my office for the day, packed it up and took it home.

Got home and my 2 kids were on me before I could get out of the Land Cruiser good clamoring for me to hurry up and set up the new tent. So I got the joy of that (in a humid 100°) which I admittedly am slow at (10min) since this is my 2nd time ever doing it. Granted that time includes all tension rods, rain fly adjustments and tied out the 2 guys for the canopy entrance but I was waaaayyyy too slow for the kids... Anyhow the first one up the ladder at the house was actually my wife who was just as excited as the kids and I. Something about "getting up there first to help the kids up", but she had a giggle after she said that and went right up the ladder without hesitation. So we got the 4 of us up there and then it really was apparent how big this thing is. It is HUGE. The Air Top was a true 2-person and I wasn't really sure this Tepui was going to get 2 adults and 2 kids in their comfortably but their is no doubt now.

Hopefully I'll get it set up in a more scenic location soon because the pic below is at the shop at my house lol. Haven't even messed with the annex room yet. Anyhow big thanks Adam for getting this to me in time to get some good seat time with it before our big trip later this month.
41D69321-EE6C-4209-A519-7B09ABE01779.jpg

What a cool setup Tad! I have always been impressed with the Turtleback trailers. One little trick I've found with the Autana or the GS with the guy lines that hold the canopy down. If you are camping on a hard surface where you can't use ground stakes, I have looped the guy lines around the feet of the ladder and tightened them up. It helps keep the canopy anchored. Obviously this trick doesn't work with the annex in place but it has helped me when I've set up camp on slickrock.
Thanks for sharing the photo Tad, and I hope you enjoy the tent.

tabraha

Observer
Thanks for the tip with the tie downs Adam. I am using a highly scientific test to verify that the tent is watertight at the moment...

Mark K

Observer
You may be disappointed if you are expecting it to be "watertight". :) it's not a submarine.

On my most recent vacation to MT/ID, it rained so much that there was an old man on the side of the road herding animals into this great big wooden ship. My tent stayed dry though.

mrEman8199

Does anyone have any pictures of the Autana Ruggedized in Gray or Green? I'd really appreciate a couple pictures of them.

mrEman8199

That looks great. If you ever get a pic of the gray one I'd be interested in seeing that too. If and when I save up for one I'd be getting the green one I think. Are black covers standard with these or is it still that beige looking color?

Box Rocket

That looks great. If you ever get a pic of the gray one I'd be interested in seeing that too. If and when I save up for one I'd be getting the green one I think. Are black covers standard with these or is it still that beige looking color?

All Ruggedized models come with a black travel cover (and rain fly, the grey ruggedized has a dark blue fly). The standard model tents have a grey travel cover. I don't have photos of a grey Autana Ruggedized but here's a photo showing the color. These two tents are a Kukenam XL (on the trailer) and a Kukenam Sky (on the truck)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven