**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Yeah sorry. redrilling them should work too as a temp fix

Not your fault. Almost every one has 2 holes, some 3 (max). I may make some out of flat stock, drill center holes, insert bolt down thru and tack the bolt head to prevent spinning. I need something that'll last..

Box Rocket

The curious thing to me is why the bolt heads are spinning. Are they stripped out? Or are the pieces that slide into the tracks damaged? I've never heard of this being an issue

Box Rocket

Good news MtnClimber. A couple of the guys from the shop have been at the factory this week and will be bringing some of the mounting hardware back with them so you won't have to wait until the end of July. I think they should be back in the US around the middle of next week if you'd like to check back with me then, I'll see what I can round up for you.

Mark K

Observer
Oooh, gross. I'll hafta make something work or just use my ground tent... Thanks for the quick response!

If I am reading this correctly, the heads are spinning in the part that goes into the track?

If so, clean it up really well with something like acetone and use epoxy to glue the bolt heads in the holes. This should work until the parts are shipped to you.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Extra hardware

Hey MtnClimber,

Depending on your timeline, I might be able to get hardware out to you in time.

I never used the hardware from my Ayers, and I suspect I could throw it in a flat rate envelope.

Maybe what... 5 days CA to Maine? You won't have it by the holiday weekend...

I'm only about 140 miles from Tepui, so it is basically the same transit time.

Shoot me a PM if you need the stuff.

I have 2 complete sets and no intention of ever using it.

Nate

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
The curious thing to me is why the bolt heads are spinning. Are they stripped out? Or are the pieces that slide into the tracks damaged? I've never heard of this being an issue
The supplied bolts heads are spinning within the pieces that slide in the track.

Good news MtnClimber. A couple of the guys from the shop have been at the factory this week and will be bringing some of the mounting hardware back with them so you won't have to wait until the end of July. I think they should be back in the US around the middle of next week if you'd like to check back with me then, I'll see what I can round up for you.
Thanks Adam!

If I am reading this correctly, the heads are spinning in the part that goes into the track?

If so, clean it up really well with something like acetone and use epoxy to glue the bolt heads in the holes. This should work until the parts are shipped to you.
Yes Mark, the bolt heads are spinning in the small pieces that slide in the mounting tracks. Not sure if epoxy will hold up, but worth a try if all else fails. Thanks for the advice!

Hey MtnClimber,
Depending on your timeline, I might be able to get hardware out to you in time. I never used the hardware from my Ayers, and I suspect I could throw it in a flat rate envelope. Maybe what... 5 days CA to Maine? You won't have it by the holiday weekend... I'm only about 140 miles from Tepui, so it is basically the same transit time. Shoot me a PM if you need the stuff. I have 2 complete sets and no intention of ever using it.
Nate
Watch your inbox for an incoming PM! :elkgrin:

I'll snap a few pictures later and get them up on here for all to see ;)

dahenley

i was wondering if people and Tepui could give some opinions and options.

I have been wanting a RTT for a while, but never been in the financial standing to be able to afford one until recently. So now i am looking deeper into them and trying to find what will work best for me.

I drive a F250 and will attach the RTT to it. (its 4x4 and will be slowly turning it into a expedition style vehicle)
I am 6'8" tall and full figured haha

I have been looking at the Kukenam XL for a while, but i was just comparing it to the Gran Sabana and they have the same footprint. the only difference that i see, is the XL has thicker material, and the GS comes with an annex.

What is every-ones opinion on the thicker material, and the annex? which would you prefer?

I live in Houston Texas now, but i plan on using the RTT all over. i want to do some traveling and adventuring, so it wont be used just in Texas.

Thanks!!!

Box Rocket

i was wondering if people and Tepui could give some opinions and options.

I have been wanting a RTT for a while, but never been in the financial standing to be able to afford one until recently. So now i am looking deeper into them and trying to find what will work best for me.

I drive a F250 and will attach the RTT to it. (its 4x4 and will be slowly turning it into a expedition style vehicle)
I am 6'8" tall and full figured haha

I have been looking at the Kukenam XL for a while, but i was just comparing it to the Gran Sabana and they have the same footprint. the only difference that i see, is the XL has thicker material, and the GS comes with an annex.

What is every-ones opinion on the thicker material, and the annex? which would you prefer?

I live in Houston Texas now, but i plan on using the RTT all over. i want to do some traveling and adventuring, so it wont be used just in Texas.

Thanks!!!

I think both of those tents would be good options given their size. Just so you know there is a Ruggedized Gran Sabana available that has the same thicker material and diamond plate base etc found on the XL if that is appealing to you. It also includes the annex just like the standard GS. List price is $2500 but I can get you a bit of a break on it (or any of the other ones for that matter).
It would really come down to whether or not you want the extra room. The nice thing about the GS is that you don't have to always use the annex. If you don't want to set it up, you can leave it home or in the truck and just set up the tent and essentially have an XL with a covered ladder. Or if you Ned them extra room you have it ready when the time comes.
Let me know if there are any specific questions I can answer for you.

dahenley

What are the benefits for the thicker material that the XL has?
and does anyone no like the ladder cover? who prefers open ended tent vs covered? (or what would be reasons for one over the other?)

thanks!

Maxcustody

Explorer
What are the benefits for the thicker material that the XL has?
and does anyone no like the ladder cover? who prefers open ended tent vs covered? (or what would be reasons for one over the other?)

thanks!

If I were to buy a new one, I would get the ladder covered, the "Autana Ruggedized. I have the keukenam and love it, however the extra protection with the annex and everything enclosed is much better in my opinion. I wish Tepui had a trade in option, I would do it TODAY!

Box Rocket

If I were to buy a new one, I would get the ladder covered, the "Autana Ruggedized. I have the keukenam and love it, however the extra protection with the annex and everything enclosed is much better in my opinion. I wish Tepui had a trade in option, I would do it TODAY!

The benefits of the heavier canvas is better durability, improved insulation. The other benefits beyond that which you get in the Ruggedized models are the heavier duty base/floor, the Anti-condensation mat included with the tent, fully wrapped internal bows, extra pockets and tie downs.
While Tepui doesn't do "trade-ins" there are always people looking for used tents and they usually sell very quickly. I have sold two of my personal tents to fund "upgrades" to other tents. Just a thought.

dahenley

I think both of those tents would be good options given their size. Just so you know there is a Ruggedized Gran Sabana available that has the same thicker material and diamond plate base etc found on the XL if that is appealing to you. It also includes the annex just like the standard GS. List price is $2500 but I can get you a bit of a break on it (or any of the other ones for that matter).
It would really come down to whether or not you want the extra room. The nice thing about the GS is that you don't have to always use the annex. If you don't want to set it up, you can leave it home or in the truck and just set up the tent and essentially have an XL with a covered ladder. Or if you Ned them extra room you have it ready when the time comes.
Let me know if there are any specific questions I can answer for you.

What colors would this be available in? just curious.
(im not quite ready to pull the trigger on one yet, but this is appealing to me having my cake and eating it too haha)

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
While Tepui doesn't do "trade-ins" there are always people looking for used tents and they usually sell very quickly. I have sold two of my personal tents to fund "upgrades" to other tents. Just a thought.

I just sold my Kukenam camo tent to fund my Kukenam XL ruggedized upgrade. It sold in less than week when listed on Craig's List.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven