**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Mark K

Observer
I was thinking velcro. If those flaps were secured together, it would not take more than a second to unhook them and the flaps would keep the material out of the zipper, possibly preventing a zipper cut in the fabric or a kink in the waterproof.

mrEman8199

Just joined Expedition Portal this year and I am loving it! Anyways, I plan on purchasing a RTT by Spring of next year to travel from Illinois to the Overland Expo West in Arizona with some buddies of mine. I am interested in your thoughts on Tepui tents vs. CVT brand of tents? I'm leaning more towards the Tepui but I want to know what you all think. Also I would get an Autana Ruggedized if given the choice right now, but think the Expedition Orange color is not a good match to my Amp'd Jeep Wrangler. Does anyone have a Ruggedized Autana in the Olive Green or Haze Grey they could show?

kevinrx7

Observer
Pictures from our first trip. Just one night so far but planning many more. I'm not ready for a camper but i'm done with sleeping on the ground.
tepui3.jpgtepui4.jpgtepui5.jpg

Attachments

• tepui2.jpg
    tepui2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 365
  • tepui.jpg
    tepui.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Box Rocket

Hey everyone who is following this thread, I wanted to put a little information out there that many of you may not be aware of. With the hot summer months ahead many of you are looking at ways to keep your tents cool and comfortable.
The Tepui Weather Hood is a great way to beat the heat. If you've seen these before you are probably aware that they are a good way to help keep your tents warm in the winter. But did you know that the aluminized coating on the weather hood will also reflect heat away from the tent in the summer time? These Weather Hoods can be a great addition to your summer adventure and can help keep you comfortable on that dream camping trip you've spent so much time planning. Check them out on the Tepui website here : http://tepuitents.com/collections/amenities/products/protective-weather-hoods

Box Rocket

Asking about the ventilation on the weatherhoods is a good question to ask. If you do use these in the summer months you don't want to have them completely closed up or they can actually make the tent hotter inside. By having the door opened to allow some airflow along with the reflective ability of the outer shell it can be a good setup. The hoods are definitely a nice addition if you find yourself camping in the rain frequently.

conifers4

Suburban nomad
Received my tent today and wanted to thank Adam for the great customer service. He was great throughout the process and is on top of his game. Looking forward to putting it in service this weekend.

Box Rocket

Received my tent today and wanted to thank Adam for the great customer service. He was great throughout the process and is on top of his game. Looking forward to putting it in service this weekend.

thanks for the kind words my friend. Enjoy the tent and thanks again for the order.

Subdued

Any tips on mounting an Autana Ruggedized to a Front Runner Slimline II rack? Wondering if the provided Tepui hardware is sufficient or if the Front Runner tent brackets would make mounting and removing a bit quicker and easier?

Box Rocket

The Front Runner tent mounting kit (brackets that space the tent up about 1" off the rack) are needed. The outer lip of the Slimline rack can cause interference when the tent is opened and keep it from opening completely. The spacers from Front Runner take care of the problem perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven