**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

dahenley

what is the weight rating on the RTT ladders?
is there 2 different ratings? one for the steps and one for the whole ladder since it holds up the side of the tent?

and do they make a HD ladder? (im in the 6'8" tall and in the 295lb range and just curious?)

I didnt see a "Contact" link or email on the Tepui webpage??

Box Rocket

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been camping for the past several days. I'll be honest, I don't know what the actual weight rating is for the ladder, but I can tell you that my wife and I have both been standing on the same rung (just to test it) and our combined weight is roughly 300lbs and there was no problem at all. If a single rung is able to support that weight then I'd have no question about the entire ladder supporting it. Also you have to figure that a 4 person tent is designed to have 4 people in it. If each person averaged 200lbs you're talking 800 lbs in the tent. Granted not all of that is supported solely by the ladder but the ladder should be capable of handling most reasonable loads.

Box Rocket

@parapyropig, I'm anxious to hear some feedback about the new ladder now that you've had a chance to do a little side by side comparison with the sliding type ladder.

b63215b

Adventurer
I'm 270 and the ladder holds me no problem, no sagging or instability issues. I have the Autana.

facb332b268349b07a8d749eeda5b2df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tribeof5

Adventurer
Does the Gran Sabana come in the Ruggedized version? I need the largest sleeping area possible as we have 5 boys. We would also utilize the annex space with cots.

Box Rocket

Does the Gran Sabana come in the Ruggedized version? I need the largest sleeping area possible as we have 5 boys. We would also utilize the annex space with cots.

Sure does. Available in Olive Green or Haze Grey. MSRP is $2500 and I can get you a bit of a discount. ;)

tribeof5

Adventurer
That is great news! Thank you for letting me know. We are leaving Friday for two weeks out in Colorado. Upon our return I will get my current tent cleaned up and get it up for sale. The Gran Sabana in a Haze Grey is in our future!

Big mike

Adventurer
I've always been an Eezi awn guy have a globetrotter on my chaser.
But I want a capable and breathable RTT for my JKU.
Am interested in gran sabana really like the room.
I have a grand daughter who love to go with me and soon my grandson will want to tag along.
Plus it's just me, I just finished outfitting jeep except for RTT .
What can I expect to spend on the Grand sabana ?
Mike

Big mike

Adventurer
Just looking at your price above , not sure what the ruggedized is but the Gran sabana is 2100 thru tepui and 1800 thru bass pro shop??? I must be missing something
Mike

Box Rocket

Just looking at your price above , not sure what the ruggedized is but the Gran sabana is 2100 thru tepui and 1800 thru bass pro shop??? I must be missing something
Mike

Yes, you're looking at the pricing for the standard Gran Sabana. There are many upgrades available on the Ruggedized model that you don't get with the standard Gran Sabana. Namely, better, heavy duty canvas (including on the annex), included anti-condensation mat, upgraded heavy duty diamond plate base and frame. Heavier and wrapped internal frame/bows. Extra pockets and tie-down points for things like shoe baskets etc. The ruggedized models are unique to Tepui and no other brand out there has anything similar. They are definitely the toughest tents out there and if you need the extra durability they are well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven