**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

Tepui Tents has mistakenly ordered an extra Baja Rack for an 80 series Land Cruiser that they need to move quickly. This is brand new, still in the box. It's the flat utility rack style seen here: http://www.bajarack.com/lc80-ut
Retail on this is $825. It also includes the RTT mount kit which goes for $55. We'd like to get you a really good deal on this so it's being offered for $750 + shipping. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

LC80-UT(6).jpg

Box Rocket

Just got back from a week in Ouray - the new ladder is noiseless, edgeless, and solid - everything the original ladder should've been.

As as far as comparing it to the sliding ladder - it's apples & oranges - two things that are completely dissimilar. The Tepui slider was of poor quality; sharp edges, ****te construction, and rattled & creaked every time you came within a meter of it.

The Gordigear cover I got to replace the original Tepui is taller in the middle; I now stow the annex & weather hood in a narrow duffle bag along with the new ladder.

The sliding ladder you had before was a Tepui one? Are you sure. They've been only using the telescoping ones for several years now.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Yup. They sent me one in 2014 for a warranty replacement for the old telescoping (defective) ladder.

This was at my request. I thought it would be "better."

:squint: Derp.

kevinrx7

Observer
Just returned from a 5 night trip in the North Maine woods. Overall still very happy with the Autana ruggedized.Had very heavy rain one night, tent stayed dry but annex had a considerable amount of water.

Discovered the source to be water running down the rods for the window awning. I put O rings on the rods just outside the tent, so the water would run down the tension rod and hit the O ring the drop outside the tent. Also sealed up the large openings at the top corners of annex with duct tape but hoping for a better solution.

Last edited:

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Just returned from a 5 night trip in the North Maine woods. Overall still very happy with the Autana ruggedized.Had very heavy rain one night, tent stayed dry but annex had a considerable amount of water.

Discovered the source to be water running down the

I love a cliffhanger.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Brilliant idea with the O-rings. So stealing it. :)

Never had water infiltrate the annex that way - but I (currently) have a standard Autana.

I will get water into it from not making sure the "skirt" at the bottom of the annex covers the floor zipper.

Speakng of which, I'm going to seriously consider relocating the tie-down webbings along the bottom of the annex to the OUTSIDE of the annex, so that if I stake the annex down, the webbing doesn't hike up & expose the zipper.

Re-reading my ladder post, I wanted to emphasize that I wasn't trying sound dickish; Tepui will continue to get my coin because they have good customer service & continue to improve their products.

Box Rocket

Spent several days in the backcountry with the family this past week. Here's a few photos putting my new Autana Ruggedized and Kukenam XL to use. :)

We found a perfect meadow next to a high mountain lake at about 10,500'. It was almost like camping on someone's front lawn the meadow was so perfect. :)

ciarraikerry

I have spent part of the last few evenings reading this through thread. I hope to begin a trailer build soon and am considering the Autana Ruggedized to top it or my JKU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven