**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

JCDriller

Adventurer
What is the proper way to use the two straps that are attached to the center pole inside the tent. I believe they are to act as tie downs so the mattress doesn't shift when folded, but they have some odd loops on the ends. I've been just tying them together before I fold it up. Is this correct?

Cyberman

Observer
What is the proper way to use the two straps that are attached to the center pole inside the tent. I believe they are to act as tie downs so the mattress doesn't shift when folded, but they have some odd loops on the ends. I've been just tying them together before I fold it up. Is this correct?
They are to hold onto while getting in and out of the tent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
I dont have any pictures handy but what i do is use one of those rubber puzzle piece mats and just place it on the top of my folded up tent then place the ladder on it. Its worked great for the past year and a bit with not visible signs of wear!

I also use the mat as a floor mat for the ladder when my tent is deployed which is nice to have.

These are the mats, but mine is grey:

search

I do the same. I have a rubber floor mat the I place between the ladder and the tent when stowed and under the base of the ladder when deployed.

IAJK

IMG_1608.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1613.jpg
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1623.JPG
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg
My Tepui Autuna Showed up this week and I got it installed yesterday, only to have nothing but a completely rain soaked weekend here in Iowa so it did not get a test run. This is my first RTT and I am very impressed with it on first impression. I love how well the annex fits the back of my jeep once its on, the door opens perfectly to access the back of the jeep door, which I plan on adding a tailgate table so I can cook in cover. Going to have to do some research on how to get the annex rolled back up and fit into the storage bag though. Still have a lot to learn about using this tent, but very excited and can't wait to get to Colorado with it.

Jarred

Hi All,
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fold in the U shaped bar that goes over the ladder/entrance on the Grand Sabana or Autana when folding it up? I just received my ruggedized GS and I'm still trying to figure this out.
IMG_6989.jpgIMG_6999.jpg

Thanks!!
Jarred

Last edited:

Fizzbiz

Observer
Annex

Is the annex able to remain attached when folding up the tent. Is there enough room under the cover for the annex when folded up?

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
Hi All,
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fold in the U shaped bar that goes over the ladder/entrance on the Grand Sabana or Autana when folding it up? I just received my ruggedized GS and I'm still trying to figure this out.
Thanks!!
Jarred

I just remove each end from the brackets and then tuck them under the mattress and slide them in until the top part of the U is flush with the edge of the platform.

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
Is the annex able to remain attached when folding up the tent. Is there enough room under the cover for the annex when folded up?

There's another thread in this section about leaving the annexed attached.

I plan to try it next time I set up my Autana.

Go4Lo

Explorer
I just remove each end from the brackets and then tuck them under the mattress and slide them in until the top part of the U is flush with the edge of the platform.

Been doing the same thing. Plenty of room inside the Gran Sabana for the support pole.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Heavy Rain Camping

Question for you guys that have camped in inclement weather. Last night we had 2-3" of rain while camping in our Gran Sabana and I had a bad problem with the water ponding up above the ladder/annex. It got bad enough that I had to take the aluminum support pole down during the night and just let the annex lay against the tent.

We typically don't camp in this type of weather but would be nice to be more prepared next time. Seems like a secondary support pole that would just hold the tent material up would do the trick. Anyone have any creative solutions?

meental

Observer
There are a couple people that have extra supports to help water run off. My last trip was the first time ever camping in rain and i experienced the same thing, we didnt get as much rain so it wasn't as as big of an issue but i would probably want to do something if it was more frequent.

Sent from my RTT while stargazing

sunnybean

Observer
View attachment 342868
View attachment 342869
View attachment 342870
View attachment 342871
View attachment 342872
View attachment 342873
View attachment 342874
View attachment 342875
My Tepui Autuna Showed up this week and I got it installed yesterday, only to have nothing but a completely rain soaked weekend here in Iowa so it did not get a test run. This is my first RTT and I am very impressed with it on first impression. I love how well the annex fits the back of my jeep once its on, the door opens perfectly to access the back of the jeep door, which I plan on adding a tailgate table so I can cook in cover. Going to have to do some research on how to get the annex rolled back up and fit into the storage bag though. Still have a lot to learn about using this tent, but very excited and can't wait to get to Colorado with it.

If I ever own another Jeep it will look very much like yours. Very nice!!!!

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
IAJK - Are you able to fully open (90*) and shut the tailgate/tire without whacking the ladder? I've been contemplating rotating my Autana to open from the rear.

As far as the annex fitting in the bag, stuff it in there like you would a mummy bag rather than trying to roll it. You'll find that you actually have a little bit of room to spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk